Sign in to follow this  
dannyboy

ASD box going in..

Got spare weekend to do the gearbox,spent 5 til 9 last night getting the ATB box off

What a pain in the :censored:

Granted ive got big hands and small spaces are bit of a issue with me,but how hard are them bolts to reach,ones that hold diff casing to gearbox mount? :bad-words:

anyway got it out ready to put ASD box in.

im still cautious about putting in the ASD box cause its bit more diffcult to turn than raddo box.it just seems the internals are heavier,maybe because its a desiel box,i dont know.BUT the diff is better than the slippy ATB box

will keep you updated on the box and how its performing

sorry guy i never got round to checkin mine. its out but its at a different place of work and have had a lot on recently.

it needs to go in soon though, this second gear is startin to pizz me off!

let us know how you get on chap!

Si.

well its in at last! :)

couldnt use the ATB selector tower,seems the selectors are slighty different when mated with ASD box.wouldnt get 1,2,5 or reverse

Also had to ditch the balance weight,it was catching on the boost pipe(if i go fmic i might put it back on at later date)

the clutch doesnt feel brillant at the mo,think master cylinder may have to be bled

will post speed-revs when i bring it down the autobahn tomorrow! :norty:

Ok had a run down the autobahn... I highly recommend the ASD box to everyone!!its what the corrado should of had in the first place! not only is it smoother,tighter but also you can get to 110kmph in second gear!

the diff is a bit tighter than standard raddo box(both wheels spin now when flooring it into corners instead of all the power going to the one lifted wheel making corners more fun and controllable :norty: )

completely standard g60(apart from boost return delete and new headunit :roll: ) with ASD box on 205/50/15

100kmph-2000rpm

120kmph-2470rpm

215-220kmph-4500rpm maxed out(prob little faster if i had a downhill run)

At least them hours have paid off!!!

hope to see better mpg on autobahn when normal driving :wink:

sounds good 110 kmh is about 68 mph so not bad in second

215 is around 133 mph which is ok. but like you say i would prob be a bit more interested in the crusing at 70mph mpg figures.

has given me a bit more movatation to get mine in.

At 70mph my CTN gearbox is doing 2476 rpm

Your ASD at 70mph will be doing 2257 rpm !! :notworthy:

Brilliant for motorway journeys.

I prob read the display wrong was at nightime,so your prob right! :) still the best 150 euro ive spent on the car

Noticing better mpg already.engine isnt revving as high at least,saving the charger.you know what im talking about,you enjoying your CTN box?

i have to slighty adjust the gears,tad hard to put in sometimes.Next mod,im already in process of taking the cruise control unit off my other g60,ready to put onto this one and have a nice autobahn crusier.

Just saving up to start my 16vg60 project and programmable ecu with wideband(dont like digifant anymore,getting dated now and tempermental at times!)