Pete

Pete's VR - SOLD

Well I never put up a members page when I had my white VR. Wished I hadn't sold it, I took advantage of the bandwagon that Top Gear provided in 2003/4 and sold on for a £1500 profit when prices went crazy.

Having had a LOT of stuff in between (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=96496&start=10), I find myself back in another VR and as happy with it now as I was then.

Heres the old white car for posterity!Gently lowered and I set the trend before white became all the rage LOL.

Corrado1.jpg

And heres the new one:

95 M only 2 previous owners and only 73k on the clock. FSH with every bill, receipt blah blah.

Only mod is an AMD remap pushing just shy of 200bhp according to the dyno.

Last owner had it 10 years and after a dabble with Magnex and Spax etc, sourced all new VW suspension and exhaust which Stealth fitted in 2005 so she drives a lot better than I dared to hope.

Must be honest I went looking for blackberry/leather and ended up with red/cloth but it's the most original car I've seen. Theres virtually no 'pinky' paint worth mentioning as it's been garaged throughout (but obvious it's not been repainted), and it gives me the foundations to either keep it in showroom standard form or do some mild fettling of the suspension, exhaust and wheels (looks on stilts compared to most on here).

IMAG0293blank.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0917.jpg

Edited by Pete

Thanks guys.

I'm seriously thinking about suspension and wheels but will keep the original stuff so it can all be reversed if I do...

The white one looked lovely 8)

New one looks superb too, just need lowering a tad and I'd leave it at that personally.

no that keen on the red but a nice example i have a white vr6 exactly the same as the top photo with black leather white is definitely back in cars look fat in white

Yeah it wasn't my first choice (or send or third to be honest) but looks better in the flesh than the pics appear in fairness.

Been thinking about the sound system so decided to junk the old speakers fitted by the last owner and go for a simple but effective upgrade upgrade.

Swapped the ancient Pioneer rears for Alpine 4625's and the Sony fronts for some SPG13 components, gettin rid o of the dash speakers completely. Prior to fitting though I went mad on the Dynamat which makes a big difference in terms of the music and also general road noise reduction. Car sounds like a little S-class now!

Took the opportunity to replace a cracked bit of window trim which was like it when I bought the car.

The fronts were only 50, the rears 25 and the dmat 45, but I'm really pleased with the sound quality and it was a nice and easy installation without having to hack the door cards to fit the tweeters!

Plus I gave it a wash ;)

Put some pics up

Edited by Pete

Ordered my new 17" Speedline's but got to wait 5 weeks for them to be made. Boo!

Couldn't get much action on a group buy so had to settle for white, but should look very much like this (once I ever get round to fitting the coilovers I have under my stairs!)

attachment.php?attachmentid=46820&d=1296922178

attachment.php?attachmentid=46821&d=1305237950

Thanks Mat, I can't wait to get them on now!

Looking for some slinky 205/40s now to make sure I dont get any rubbing etc.

Then once thats done I'll have a think about possibly retrimming in leather, or maybe respraying........

Boo bloody whoo indeed......

car looks great - it was witnessing a red VR being ragged which got me looking seriously at buying one years ago ........truely underated corrado colour !!

Good news! Speedline Italy have a set at the factory in silver which was the colour I originally wanted so hopefully get them next week or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The supplier emailed me this afternoon saying they had arrived in the UK but were GOLD! I wasn't happy and was about to pick the phone up when another email came through saying "ONLY JOKING!".

Just need tyres now!

Looking good so far, I've been thinking about ditching my Schmidt mms 9x16 in favour for some White Motorsport style rimS? I do love the low wide look tho. Just not the tyre scrub ;) looking forward to seeing the new wheels

I feel like it's Christmas Eve, I'll be in work tomorrow all day thinking "has he been?" about the parcelforce driver!

Been waiting 6 weeks for them and REALLY can't wait much longer.

Really pleased with the one I've opened, will check the others over tonight. Also will peel the stickers off the spokes as they are only vinyl.

Tried to do a "mock up" pic to get an idea of the look they will give me.

Opinions sought (if you like them haha) but I've got to say I think they look ridiculous in a good way!

:D

Cheers, I'm super chuffed with them so far. As a wheel expert, any tips for prepping them prior to fitment? Do you give your's a good coat of wax or polish or a clay bar etc before fitting?