Sign in to follow this  
rixy

6 speed conversion

Hi there, this has probably been asked before, but i cant find anything using the search menu :-(

Will a GT TDI mk4 golf 6speed gearbox fit in a raddo? If so, what mods need to be done if any? Also, if it will not, what gearbox am i looking for to do a 6speed conversion? Im going to be building a TDi raddo for myself as a daily runaround, and toy, and it will be built in a spare g60 shell i have laying about :-)

Yes.

Supercharged is running a Corrado with the 115PD engine from a MK4, and that also runs the 6 speed manual gearbox from it... might be worth dropping him a PM to ask him which bits he's running that are Corrado and which are Golf!

cheers bud, i have pm'd supercharged aleady, was doing it as you replied to me :-)

i know him from club gti meets, and chatting at shows etc, and remember him having a tdi one years ago, so fingers crossed he can help me out -)

cheers matey

Hi mate, yeah got yer PM - will try and reply properly tomorrow if I get chance...

Basically mine is mounted using the MK4 mounts welded in - crude but works well.

I highly recommend the TDI conversion and suprised there are hardly any other C TDI's on the road - the torque is awesome!

awesome stuff matey, cheers for this :-) is yours still a 115 or have you had it re mapped or owt??

no not a members club, a members thread with pictures of your car. Would be good to see what a tdi engine looks like in a rado, even cheesewire/pianowire/kevhaywire has a members gallery now so theres no excuse supercharged!

i see....yeah, come on matey, pics needed, along with a huge PM of advise :-) in exchange for mucho mucho beers when its in and running - i'll come over and take u out for a spin, and a few beers :-)

Is it possible to fit a 6 speed to a valver or vr?

As I all ways think the rado needs a 6th, pootling along on the motorway the revs just seam to high. Just needs a 6th cruiser gear 8)

Is it possible to fit a 6 speed to a valver or vr?

There are some incredibly rare 6 speed O2J gearboxes that were fitted to the 03 Cupra R, however they will probably be very expensive. You could use an O2S from a mk5 golf etc, but you wouldn't have a speed sensor or drive (depending on which valver you have). You can get over this by swapping the internals to an O2A 4cyl casing. Lot of work though :-) but would be awesome!

Sent from my HTC Desire

Ive fitted ASD box to my g60. Nice long fifth.sits at 2300 at 70 mph.much better for fuel and easier on my charger

no not a members club, a members thread with pictures of your car. Would be good to see what a tdi engine looks like in a rado, even cheesewire/pianowire/kevhaywire has a members gallery now so theres no excuse supercharged!

Exactly, so get the f'ck on with it Steve!!

Your TDI Rado is the nuts, I think peeps need to see it to appreciate the genius of it :salute: