Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

vr6 storm... bargain or not(UPDATED 14TH OCT)

Yeh, that's a good price for a Mystic Storm- looks pretty decent too. Loads of similar regular VR6s around for that kind of money though.

Seems cheap to me but maybe not a bargain as there is no service history :wink: It was advertised earlier this year on PH for £3,999 then dropped to £3,295 - might be some issues?

How long's a piece of string? :lol: Depends on lots of things- a mint, low miler- sub 80K would prob be around £5K. It totally depends on condition though. Reckon the most that one could have hoped for is prob £3-3.5K, but it might have hung around for a while in the current climate. Lack of history doesn't help, as Vaughan says.

I reakon its so dangerous to judge a car on pictures alone......I've seen some absolute dogs when in the ad they looked like minters !!

At the end of the day I think when a 'good' car is cheap its often for a 'good' reason.

The advert was very detailed and on the face of it looked ok bit did list faults right at the end of the listing.Dont think he`ll let it go for that money as he`ll loose 1200 and his original price and he is a trader after all..!!!

The advert was very detailed and on the face of it looked ok bit did list faults right at the end of the listing.Dont think he`ll let it go for that money as he`ll loose 1200 and his original price and he is a trader after all..!!!

I though ebay sales are legally binding, so how could the seller refuse the sale?

I though ebay sales are legally binding, so how could the seller refuse the sale?[/quote:jhc85uy9]

Yeah good question

I though ebay sales are legally binding, so how could the seller refuse the sale?[/quote:deobg3jd]

Yeah good question[/quote:deobg3jd]

Watched a couple of cars from this dealer over the years, you would be surprised at how many times a car is relisted after it has been 'WON' on a Ebay auction. Could be wrong but I think that is the second time that this Storm has been on Ebay...3rd time lucky maybe !!!

Message from seller; i rest my case... :D

hi mate,

i dont think it did sell..

earler today, the highest bidder (from ireland) called and requested i cancel his bid, as he had been quoted huge VRT import duty to ireland.

i cancelled his bid this morning and there were no further bids.

ive yet to hear from the under bidder-now the winner- who thinks he was outbid a couple of days ago!

what a mess!

it may well still be available!

give me a call if you would like to discuss.

cheers

Kind regards,

Mark Heron

I though ebay sales are legally binding, so how could the seller refuse the sale?[/quote:3ru0gygz]

Nope.

They want people to think that though.

Back on PH, £3,295. Central Scotland. It has been lowered despite being described as 100% standard (apart from alloys). No service history, one key and has to be locked from the passenger side. Cracked wing mirror case. Neither passenger door or window will open. Not show stoppers but may help explain the price and difficulty in selling.

2k owns it, still for sale have spoke to the owner who sounds ok... tempted just for the parts..!!

HUH!!!!

:lol: sort it out you Girls :lol: :camp: someone buy the fecker!

if i could trace the history it`d be worth while...and also how did it end up in a scrap yard...??