Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Lee

vr6 storm... bargain or not(UPDATED 14TH OCT)

would be nice to know what number you have like they do in the golf mk 4 anniversary and mk 5 edition 30. They have a nice plaque, very nice touch from VW

Off topic, made me laugh last night

Anyone seen this.. classic

wheres the best place to go for a 2nd car insurance.. struggling to find one that will insure it as a weekend car or 2nd car status

Insurance still a joke!!!

How can a man with 14 years NCB and 33 lives in a nice area no point at all on my licence struggle to get 2nd car insurance without getting pants pulled down

Insurance still a joke!!!

How can a man with 14 years NCB and 33 lives in a nice area no point at all on my licence struggle to get 2nd car insurance without getting pants pulled down

Even with classic car insurance policy ?

Add Gemma to it and i bet the quotes go well down.

TBH you should have really checked the insurance beforehand :nono:

:nono: tutut lol

nobody classes it as a classic car.

phoned loads of people..

Mines on a classic car insurance...I am with Lynbrooks with mods declared got an excellent rate.

Add Gemma to it and i bet the quotes go well down.

TBH you should have really checked the insurance beforehand :nono:

I didn't really expect it to be a problem!!! :D

Cheers Dave I will check it out

Try NEED TO INSURE the guys there are very realistic and appreciate a classic car for what it is, As an example they offered me a deal on my Vr on a classic policy £258.40 - 1500 miles a year/ £331.90 - 3000 miles a year. Good contact name is Gary on 01623 720081.

Oh yes my quote was based on the car being on driveway 37yrs old, 9+ yrs NCB and 9 points !!!!

Try NEED TO INSURE the guys there are very realistic and appreciate a classic car for what it is, As an example they offered me a deal on my Vr on a classic policy £258.40 - 1500 miles a year/ £331.90 - 3000 miles a year. Good contact name is Gary on 01623 720081.

Oh yes my quote was based on the car being on driveway 37yrs old, 9+ yrs NCB and 9 points !!!!

Great price but this is based on 9 years NCB.

I have full NCB but these are all used on my daily car, if I set-up a 2nd car for weekends then I have to start at zero NCB so the price can be up to 7 times the amount you got quoted and thats limited t0 2,000 miles a year and £500 voluntary excess.

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL!!!!

Don't worry yourself, a classic policy doesn't have NCB. Just have all your discount on the daily car and start a new classic policy.

Don't worry yourself, a classic policy doesn't have NCB. Just have all your discount on the daily car and start a new classic policy.

.......and because it's a classic policy on limited mileage it will be cheaper despite not having any NCB. I paid £230 for a 16v but beware my policy stated my car had to be garaged at my home address between 10pm and 6am unless you're away from home.

Try these for classic insurance - http://www.lynbrookins.co.uk

I was insured with them under classic with limited mileage, 2nd car etc etc.

Just tried them and they will get back to me tomorrow

Lady was really helpful and said that only the VR6 storm was the only one classed as a classic car, well on her list.

Don't need to worry about NCB as all classics policys are exempt from it or summat.

Fingers crossed for tommorow

Try performance direct.

I've got a classic policy with them. By far the cheapest quote. Restricted mileage/garaged/NCB not required/second car/agreed value/photos required etc etc...