Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

Wobble Bolts

Basically, I have borrowed a set of wheels of a mate to sit my car on whilst I sell my Borbets.

Having offered them up to my hubs this morning, it seems they are 4x98pcd (fiat fitment)

Are wobble bolts safe to use? Are their any disadvantages to fitting them?

I am pretty desperate now as it seems I have sold my wheels and have nothing to sit my car on :(

I used a set for three years on an Alfa 156 I used to run when fitting 5x100 OZ wheels and never had the slightest problem. TUV approved, 100% safe and I would recommend them without hesitation.

I would guess that any-one slagging them off has never even seen a set never mind used them. If you don't like the term 'wobbly bolts' then give them their proper name which is 'PCD correction bolts'.

4x98 should fit on anyway. They are vauxhall fitment. Bit tight but they go.

First mk2 i had came with them on.

Wobble bolts are ok but not the safest solution, i used them on the same mk2 to fit 4x108 audi wheels. Didnt keep them on for long though so cant add any further to the previous comment of 3 years.

Basically, I have borrowed a set of wheels of a mate to sit my car on whilst I sell my Borbets.

Having offered them up to my hubs this morning, it seems they are 4x98pcd (fiat fitment)

Are wobble bolts safe to use? Are their any disadvantages to fitting them?

I am pretty desperate now as it seems I have sold my wheels and have nothing to sit my car on :(

Since they are only to sit your car on then im sure you would get away with using wobble bolts BUT i have to agree with Moneypit23 if i was using them everyday i too personally wouldn't use them on my car i wouldnt feel safe knowing that the bolts are wobbling around especially since a VR's top speed is 150mph wouldnt want to lose a wheel at 100mph

I used a set for three years on an Alfa 156 I used to run when fitting 5x100 OZ wheels and never had the slightest problem. TUV approved, 100% safe and I would recommend them without hesitation.

I would guess that any-one slagging them off has never even seen a set never mind used them. If you don't like the term 'wobbly bolts' then give them their proper name which is 'PCD correction bolts'.

Further to my comments above. Please ensure that you use the correct spigot rings with the proposed wheels to ensure that they centralise securely on the hubs. I certainly WOULD NOT RECOMMEND depending on the bolts alone to centralise the wheel on the hub and that would go for standard bolts too.

the cone shaped bit of the bolt is free to move up to 2mm from central and then the bolt tightens up on it - it's not going to wobble at all. If they're TUV approved then they're good enough for anything!!