Sign in to follow this  
AlgarveVR6

Car Cover

Good Morning

Hope I'm putting this in the right place. Need a good quality car cover.

C has to live outdoors :( , albeit on the driveway, but really want to cover it :)

Suggestions would be appreciated. Not too expensive tho

Thanks

Dic

The Halfords medium car cover is good news.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165611

I have used one on my Golf for the past few months and I have no complaints so far

Is the cover quite a "snug fit" for the corrado Where my car is parked its quite exposed to the wind woudnt want it to flap around and set the alarm off also do you know if on frosty days will frost still develop on a car with the cover on ???

cheers

It has an elasicated bottom edge and two underbody straps which have survived a few high winds this year. It's a near perfect fit on the Golf and should be an even better fit on Corrado due to the reduced height. If you use the Top cash back web site to order or reserve you get some extra discount too :)

Another thumbs up for the Halfords cover in Medium. Fits the Corrado well though you will definitely need those two underbody straps to keep it attached to the car.. mine did undo itself when I was feeling too lazy to put them on.

Also you will need to remove your aerial when fitting the cover. The aerial on one of my C's seems to be glued on and after about 6 months it's actually punctured the top of the car cover :(

Anybody have any experience with how well those halfords all season medium car covers are at keeping frost and ice off the car?

Anybody have any experience with how well those halfords all season medium car covers are at keeping frost and ice off the car?

My cover has coped with the last couple of frosts OK. It dries off really quickly once the sun comes out.

My C is currently at my folks on the drive and is always covered with a Halfords cover.

Probably the best £65 I spent, so far, from what I've seen, the cover is withstanding the weather well. Unable to comment at the moment as regards to the snow/frost as its not been that bad around here yet and I haven't been up to look.

But overall, I'm very pleased with it.

Cool, looks like I'll be treating myself to one of these then.

I would say is i dont have the halfords car cover and yeah mine kept blowing off, so if you have a a spare ratchet then run it from the front drivers side towing eye across the bonnet under the passenger side mirror, over the rear spoiler to the rear towing eye on the bumper, it saves the hastle of trying to keep tying it down with bungies, weights or other contrations :roll:

I hope this helps people were there car is in an open location it doesent take much for the wind to start picking at it.