Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

Cowboys!

Im sick to death of finding bodge jobs on my C!

First one I found was inside, some one has had half the interior out to fit a sound system n made a monumental fook up of putting it all back in, half the screws and clips that hold it all in place are missing or broke, new holes have been drilled to compensate for the loss of screws.

Second, Patchwork paint that looks like its been done with a bog brush

Just found one under the car, the bracket that holds the fuel pump n all that gubins in place is all broke leaving just one bolt and a cable tie to hold it all in place.

Rant over….for now!

:censored: :bad-words: :mad2: :brickwall: :pukeright: :hitler:

Not on your own, I found a few 'corners cut' with my VR. Sort them as you find them, I've done most of mine now.

I've just had the dash out of mine to do the heater matrix....anyway after 6 years of driving round with appalling rattles I now know why! The Clifford alarm install was horrendous. There were relays dangling everywhere, unsecured wiring, broken clips and best of all the metal control module for the alarm (sharp metal box) was sited on top of the heater box, unsecured. it was free to hit the dash, the centre console, the heater box itself. Now I've put it all back together properly and removed about 30m of unecessary stereo wiring its awesomely quiet and tight. Feels like a new car! I've blamed the suspension from day one and after I'd spent a small fortune on front suspension rebuild it still rattled, hence getting the dash out, well worth it!

Yes. I reckon 6 out of 9 of the previous owners have bodged the car somewhat.

My trusted family garage bodged a fair portion of work instead of just saying we don't know what we're dealing with. Cost me a fortune to keep putting right.

I've owned since march, and spent a few thousand and I've only just got the suspension and engine right. Electrical and interior next, as the supplying garage didn't half bodge the window wiring, mirrors don't move but do heat, stereo is bodged, rear speakers bodged, door speakers (would have been bodged if some idiot didn't remove them at some point) *sigh*

Had a dodgy alarm install in mine. Loads of poorly spliced wires which caused the c/l and e/l to stop work and melted other parts of the loom. Also loads of old speaker cable left in place which is no longer connected. Not to mention the stereo wiring which was shambolic at best.

Also the coil pack had been "repaired" not with the epoxy trick but with.................electrical tape (same colour as plastic) placed strategically over the large patch of rust which had developed on it, obviously did enough to prevent a misfire during the test drive.