Sign in to follow this  
one_eyed_willy

bad job from body shop.

so

The C got hit in march this year on the left rear arch not to bad but bad enough to warrant it getting repaired.

the arch itself had been repaired badly before at some point and the accident had made it stand out worse. So under insurrance i got it repaired at a garrage that they suggested.

Now this garage id heard of and delt with quite a few years previously, id sent a aston martin DB4 to them about 8 years ago and they done a great job. But as they had alot of the same guys there i thought id go for it.

Now 8 months later the arch that they said would get all new metal in it is bubbling up :mad2:

not happy as you can imagine.

had a word with my local garage (RW Masters) some may know it. And roger says its a real bad job.

first port of call? garage or insurance company? i was told it had a 5 year guarantee.

I'd go back to the bodyshop in the first instance personally, and then resort to the insurers if they give you the cold shoulder!

yep me too. thats thats the problem with crash repair garages , not sayin their all bad ,but alot of them just go bish bash bosh ,there you go all done . i would never go to one .a five year garantee wtf! surely a proffesional repair should last longer than 5 years? what do they use homebase gloss paint?

No, go to the insurance first and raise a complaint, they will send an independent engineer out to look at it and he will then say they have to give the original place a chance to rectify. If the second job is not good then you can take it to somewhere like RW Masters

roger at RW masters who i trust to no end. he reakoned i should go to the repairers first to give them a chance to recity it. then if they are awkward i should go to the insurance.

wondering if i should call or just go over and get face to face so they got no chance of getting a reason together.

Sorry to see you having to go through this malarky mate.

I would personally go to see the garage direct ad see what they say, trick is to not get arsey with them and be polite, if then they take the mick and dont seem to care i'd be calling the insurance to let them get involved.

As i work in a job facing customers that can sometimes have recuring problems i appreciate them coming back to tell me they have a problem and then i would try my upmost to rectify it, thats not to say i/we did it wrong in the first place just that things can and do go wrong.

A customer who comes to see us with such a problem will always be given good service and i'd feel quite upset if they didn't give us a chance to help them out, maybe i'm just too passionate about my job but customer satisfaction to me is why i go to work. As well as the money :lol:

So have a chat and see what they think.

ok just got back from the body repair shop.

not that helpful really, at first the guy said its been hit again WTF? i replied and said no way its bubbling up.

he went and got the details up on the pc with photo's of damage and started to give me bull about it must have been rusty in the first place because the metal was cracked gggrrr

i then said it was cracked because it had been hit by another car which he came back with nope doesnt crack like that if it was decent steel in there. Hehe i then told him im a fabricator and i know what steel does and doesnt do, he kinda went off the subject then.

anyway he reakoned that they wouldnt put all new steel in the repair they would have just smoothed it over, but the guy i delt with at the time who told me it would be all new steel put in there was off today :censored:

so i have to phone back monday once he's discussed it with him.

think they are gonna try and shaft me with this one

im getting the insurance details out and will give them a call once ive spoken to the garage on monday.

I HATE garages and bodyshops, most of them are full of crap, and their own self importance. Their patronising talk really winds me up as if they are the fountain of knowledge on the subject. There is an exhaust place near to me thats like that. Bunch of p###ks. Hope you get it sorted, if not give them as much bad press as you can. Anyway, glad you put him in his place saying you were a fabricator!

cars back in today to get re-done, ive insisted to 2 guys there that it needs all new steel in there.

should be done friday, ive got my magnet at the ready :)

If possible, I'd try to be there and see what gets repaired or at least insist on photos by them at each stage of the work. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with them. :brickwall:

How did this turn out in the end??? Hope the garage finally sorted it. Pics would be great, see if it looks as good now as when i owned it? :lol:

Well job looks good but when I went to pick it up they drove it out and it was in a right state.

Been sitting gathering dust and was not cleaned, all the dust had got in the car and carpets were filthy. Guy was not bothered at all when I mentioned it, was just glad to get it back.

Got home and gave it a clean and the new panel looked good.

Then got onto the insurance company and made a complaint, but the guy just asked what I expected them to do lol, just wanted to let them know I suppose.

Can name and shame now. Was highdown coach works in landing.

Would definitely not recommend them