Sign in to follow this  
sixpotter

TSR Le Mans VR6?

Anyone got any specs on these? Found one fror sale which has a claimed 60k on and comes with £4.5k build invoice. Believe it is 'pack a'

Could be very good timing for transplanting my recently deceased VR..

Is there no info on the TSR web site?

Could you not call or email them or are they no longer trading?

I saw that for sale a couple of weeks back and was quite tempted at the price, but i've gone for a rotrex charger kit instead!! :)

T his is from their new catalogue -

Le Mans 2.9 litre VR6

The most effective VR6 capacity increase with a pack A head and special valves for extended durability and long term reliabilty. A pack C head is available for this conversion (+£500) priced at £2900

hope this helps

The guy is getting me the TSR build number tomorrow so will ring and check with them, not much info on the site about it now, it is a dinosaur now!

Be good to hear of anyones experiences with one though. Brand new ABV block used for the build tho with 60k on now.. Yesh pleashe :clap:

Only thing is I am going to have to trust a video of it running as I will never get to see it being too far :( If the paperwork all ties up I'll have to take a leap of faith!

PS Its from a dizzy VR6 am I going to have problems as mine is coilpack 94'

Do a search for a TSR as you might not like some of what you read :?

Ever since Tim Stiles left (the 'TS' bit of TSR), the company has never had a good reputation and the quality of their engine builds has been criticised many times.

But if it's really cheap, it might be worth a punt. Just bear in mind if it's bigger bore and bigger valves etc, there could be future rebuild implications.

Swapping your coilpack stuff onto the Dizzy engine is very easy, so no worries there.