Sign in to follow this  
delcfc

Bad understeer

My G60 has bad understeer. It was lowered 40mm when I bought it with 17" TSW but I have since put a new Steering rack on, which was worn, replaced front shocks and returned it to it's original ride height and wheel size but it's still the same. Any ideas ??

Hi delcfc, , welcome to the forum.

Understeer usually only accurs in one direction at a time, i.e. understeer one way, then oversteer the other. Is your understeer in both directions?

Hi delcfc, , welcome to the forum.

Understeer usually only accurs in one direction at a time, i.e. understeer one way, then oversteer the other. Is your understeer in both directions?

Yep. It's starting to get bloody annoying

on falken 451s on 17s mine was v good on turn in and general grip. on 15s with "poorer" tyres i get understeer.

Understeer happens if the front is too stiff. If you have only replaced the front shocks, try replacing the rears.

When it was lowered, do you know it the camber & castor was adjusted? If so, you may still have the settings dialled in for lower suspension.

Also, check the tyres pressures.