Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

couple more brake questions...

1. How tight to the slider pin bolts need to be om vr6 brakes

2. Will the brake lines from a 16v fit the vr6 brakes

3. To bleed is it back left, back right, front left, front right (if your sitting in the car)

Cheers

Well that's a bloody shame so I can't fit my brake lines too vr6 calipers? How do people do the conversion then!? I just finished painting the calipers so was gonna get it all done after work...maybe not now then! Why wouldn't they fit if there basically the same?

Well that's a bloody shame so I can't fit my brake lines too vr6 calipers? How do people do the conversion then!? I just finished painting the calipers so was gonna get it all done after work...maybe not now then! Why wouldn't they fit if there basically the same?

with the right hoses :)

you jsut need the appropriate hoses, check the length and fitment you need for the new calipers in position them pop down to a GSF/ECP counter and jsut get the appropriate ones.

Sorry, when you said lines I thought you meant hoses.

Yeah, the hard brake lines can be made to fit, that part was obvious in my head :s

but 16v ones won't work :D

The rigid line to flexi should be the same on all Corrados....11mm union fixed to the car with a spring clip to 14mm union flex hose. The differences are usually the positioning of the rigid line in the inner wing and the type of banjo fitting on the caliper, so as David says, you just need the appropriate flex hose and caliper fittings :D

Your 16v hoses should fit the calipers as they're the same fitting. You would have a problem if you were fitting 288 calipers but they're standard VR 280's.

sorry i worded it all wrong....what i meant was the hoses that actaully connnect to the caliper not the actaul brake lines as i wont be touching those at all! so if dave above is right the calipers should just fit directly on in place of the 16v ones that are on there at the moment, then bleed the system and bish bash bosh the transformation is complete? (i have g60 discs too so they fit)

yep.

280mm calipers are basically the same as 256mm ones, just slightly wider jaws and spaced out a bit more by the carriers, there are possibly some variations in calipers over all the years VW used 256 and 280 discs but corrado ones should be the same

:epicfail: failed at the first hurdle......

couldnt get the sodding caliper carrier bolts off!! didnt have any room for a breaker bar either :brickwall: so frustrating, got all the parts, new brake pads, vr6 calipers, brake fluid even bought a flippin easy bleed kit!! so booked it in to have the garage do it on friday, although i hate garages doing it as you never know what there gonna do or how "gentle" there going to be :confused4: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so annoying!