Big Adam

corrado intercooler

what intercooler is good for the C?

seen a few i could try but wondering what other people have used before i dip my hand in my pocket!

hiya mate erm the jabba one is good but megga expencive, im planing on making my own kit up. go on ebay get ur self a universal intercooler about £100 and get universal intercooler pipe kit and just cut the pipes down to what u need thats also £100 and the jabba kit for the g60 is around £800 so its a much cheeper way of doing it but it a bit more hassle but worth it in my opinion.

yeh it defos worth a look if u have the time to do it your self cse you can have eny frontmount u want and in eny position you want and the pipes can be made exactly the way you want them :). im planing on doing it after christmas i will get some pic's to help other people trying to do the same.

iv been looking at one off a rangerover intercooler, only about 50 squids but need to get it measured to make sure it fits

I fitted a Land Rover TD5 intercooler on my 20vt conversion, fits perfect between the chassis legs and behind front bumper.

Few rubbish camera phone pics to show fit

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_011.jpg

I used the TD5 intercooler too. As 20vt said, it fits perfect between the chassis legs and I mounted it so I didnt need to cut the slam panel either.

Another popular choice is the Merc Sprinter intercooler.

iv aquired an intercooler off a bmw (not sure of flavour but it was free) but wont fit without choppin the bottom leg off the slam pannel!

i dont see how you could fit a cooler in there without choppin away bits!

anybody got any photos or ideas of waffer thin coolers?

For every 10degreesC cooler you can expect ~3.5% increase in air mass on induction.

I would be inclined to add a temperature sensor to the inlet manifold. This will give real values for induction air temp, and will assist on the inevitable re-map to suit.

For every bar of boost you can expect a double in air mass on induction stroke, assuming manifold temp remains relatively constant it's a linear relationship.

I fitted a Land Rover TD5 intercooler on my 20vt conversion, fits perfect between the chassis legs and behind front bumper.

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_011.jpg

Looking back at coolers for my corrado this isn't td5 but p38 good fitment too.

IMAGE_026.jpg

IMAGE_011.jpg

it does look a nice fit,is that a 16v rad can you fit the fan in that gap

i fitted a rangerover p38 intercooler on my 1.8t conversion. perfect fit. as for fitting fans in the gap you would need slimline fans.

as said above a popular choice is merc sprinter but you will need to do a fair bit of cutting to fit.