Sign in to follow this  
daavid44

cant find isv controller

hi,

can any one please tell me where to find the isv controll box for my 16v or even what it looks like? i have taken both shelves and footwell panels out and had a good look around but cant seem to find it or even any loose plugs to suggest it is missing. I'm trying to sort my cold idle problem and have decided that since i have no power going to my isv the controller may be faulty. any help would be much appriciated. thanks

no it is all standard k jet with just the head and block swapped. throttle switch tests out ok as does the 3 temp sensors(all 3 temp sensors make the temp gauge function properly). The problem i'm haveing is that the car will not idle when cold until it has been run for a few minutes. i set up the k jet using the guide on club gti and she is definetly faster but the cold idle problem still persists. :/

just thoght i'd update you all. eventually found the isv controller just behind the spoiler switch in the dash and not behind the centre console where i've been looking for it. i'll try fitting a new one to see if this solves my problems!