Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

heated seats loom/conections

ok so whilst fitting the handbrake guide tube yesterday, had the front seats out and noticed that on the bottom of the drivers seat there is some loom and a connector. so im guessing that the are heated seats.

if this is the case then how would i go about wiring these up? were all rado's fitted with a heated loom but just never connected if it wasnt need? would i need the heated seat loom (car side) and dash switch?

it would of been real nice to have this a few weeks ago with all that cold weather!

Is the loom under the carpet connected into the seats?

Presume there's no switch in the dash?

Seems strange that it's got everything connected into the seats.

They only got the loom if they had heated seats installed in the factory.

sorry should of made myself a bit clearer.

the interior that is in the car is not the original one. it has been changed to leather. when i had the seats out i noticed the loom on the seat side.

i was wondering if the loom on the car side was fitted to all rado's and only used when needed? so im guessing that if it didnt have heated seats from factory the loom on the car side wont be there? is this something that i could fit conect if i got hold of the relivant parts?

If you're just talking about the actual loom fixed to the underside of the seats then the odds are that there's no loom under the carpet.

The loom is pretty expensive/hard to get hold of unfortunately and will need all the carpet and trim removing + access to the fusebox and rear doorcard taking off.

As far as i am aware you will need a loom a switch that goes in tje dash blank and two 59 relays then its just connecting it up ! U may want to check on tje connector on the seats asweal , check if there a four pin connector or a six pin ! I have tje same problem i have a six pin connector on tje seat and a loom with four pin connectors so need a different loom ! If your seats are four pin then i have a loom u can have for 40 quid but it will require relays and a switch mate

Yep there 56quid each but you can get them of german ebay or america last time i checked i could have baught them for about a tenner each from america maybe less but a full loom usually goes for 90 to 100 quid with switch and relays

i think its a four pin plug but will have to double check.

sounds like a bit of time and expense that im not sure i can be bothered with. is there any sort of walk through anywhere that anyone knows of?