iain stevenson

g60 performance mods :)

Er, cheers, but I said it does make sense. :D

Good explaination tho.

Got a standard exhaust at the mo. Will fit the decat pipe on Friday.

I had a G60 before and fitted a magnex cat-back system with a supersprint de-cat. Also changed the air filter for the same k&n replacement panel that I've got ready to go on. Changed all at the same time and noticed the difference straight away.

I'm not looking for big bhp gains at the moment as it's my daily driver and I do a fair few miles. And seeing as it's just cost me £80 to fill up at asda, which is the cheapest place around here, I don't want to burn fuel a hell of a lot quicker than I do now. A few tweaks won't hurt tho. :norty:

Something regarding air filters on G60's guys. I did a back to back dyno run with a standard air filter and a K&N and found the standard one better at high revs. This was something G-werks had told me for ages - the standard air filters are the best for G60's - but I tend to try and dyno test any mods I can. On my setup - 1.9l G60, running about 250bhp on Stealths rollers, I run a standard air filter but on a slightly cutaway air box and a cold air feed from under the bumper.

I've run the boost return mod for a while but went back to standard as i) I didn't like the constant whistle on part throttle, and ii) I got fed up with the fine oil mist in my engine bay all the time.

The biggest gains with the G60's are getting them to breath properly - head (and cam) work and manifold work. They then run more efficiently. I get over 30mpg on a long run still, which is not bad considering I am generating over 50% more bhp than stock.

Boost return deletion only really gives gains in a corrado when its hot due to heat soak and the size of the charge cooler.

Personally I wouldn't do it as it provides a useful function to the charger through oil mist lubrication and you won't really get any great performance gains from it - the ISV opens up to dump boost back to return or atmosphere at 5800rpm as in introduction to the rev limit. This also means its pointless reving a G60 past 5800rpm unless you get this limit raised during remapping - which DG Auto can do..

Bugger. On 2 counts.

Does that mean the twin filter kit is pointless too or are induction kits a different matter?

yeh it looks like thats another £250 well spent lol. Im going to see whn i get home if i can move the two filters to the bottom ov the bumpers to try n stop to much heat soak i will post sum picks if i can manage it. Will probs take a while as samco take forever to send out hoses lol.

Bugger. On 2 counts.

Does that mean the twin filter kit is pointless too or are induction kits a different matter?

I wouldn't bother with induction kits either, the filters are not a good enough quality to filter all the crud out and you end up with dust and oil eating at the inside of the charger whilst its doing 10000rpm..

Iain, I am trying to find out if you still have the charger advertised on here for sale still, can not reply to your advery for some reason. Anyway, I have money waiting so let me know either way on [email protected]