quicky1980

Long Shot Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Hi Sam - No, not at all chap! It's a very long process for me as I'm getting the cash together slowly to put up enough of a deposit to not be clobbered by the finance.

I'm completely smitten with Z4 Coupes... so it's going to happen.. it's just when at the moment!

Condition wise, is generally pretty good with nothing major anywhere. There are a few marks nearer to the corners if i recall, including one that I remember from production itself.

However - nothing I'd consider to be particularly major in terms of aesthetics, or indeed structural - would just rather be honest - photos will follow that show all of the above.

It's not had a huge amount of use either, since my car has been off the road for the past year or so!

The Fibreglass gel coated underframe is indeed black, and although the full carbon version shaves off another KG or 2... I just couldnt be bothered with the hassle of full on bonnet pins etc.

Price wise - I'll post this up with the photos, but I'll put it this way:

Someone has repeatedly tried to offer me £350 for it (cash, nextday) and I've told him that I'm not willing to let it go for such a low figure considering that I could sell it about 7 times over, and failing that, eBay would undoubtedly bring in the pound notes as it's such a rare item.

Sam - you don't need to worry about any of that bit however, as you're quite clearly first in line, and because we've done business before.

I haven't been in Peterborough for quite some time, but my parents now live in Sandy, so I'm sure we could find somewhere to meet (or I could deliver with my work estate car if that's easier, subject to fuel etc)

Will try and get photos sometime in the light, hopefully by the weekend.

Also not in a huge rush to sell, but if it's ready to sell, and we agree a price, I'd expect a deposit that would show a commitment to buy.

Will be in touch shortly fella.

Josh

Thanks Josh, I agree with dragon green that if someone isn't following the forum rules and because they jumped ahead of me, they should be shames, :mad:

As mentioned, a good friend of mine has a Z4 and he loves it. I guesse your on the Z4 forum? He's just bought a kit they allows for the hood to open/close automatically on one button press instead of the long hold they have at the moment.

Anyway BTT, look forward to the pictures to show the niggles, as you know I'm pretty picky but I was really happy with the quality of your goods/descriptions last time we worked together so shouldnt be a problem.

Deposit can be sorted, full payment can also be sorted but will be living off noodles like my good old uni days. I have that price you wanted for it a long time back when I first started looking for a CF bonnet in Sept 2010 just wondered if you would better that slightly considering how much time has passed and how much of a great guy you are :luvlove: .

As a side note, do you have any more Davia air con kits? Might try and fit one of these again.

Ha ha! No naming and shaming needed, it was actually before this thread even existed, so there was no queue jumping to speak of, thankfully!

I'm not really on the Z4 forums yet, apart from browsing the odd thread here and there to pick up bits of info - seems I already know more about the Z4 Coupe than the dealer sales guys (what a surprise)

I can't remember what price was mentioned before - feel free to drop me a PM with that fella.

Having said that - it's done approx zero miles since then..... ;) so I'd have to be very very very nice indeed!

No more air con kits - i'm affraid - the chap you sold it too has now also sold it! I'm not sure if it's ever going to end up getting fitted to a car!

th_IMG_0272.jpg

th_IMG_0270.jpg

th_IMG_0269.jpg

th_IMG_0275.jpg

In my opinion, some of the bits I've taken photos of are bits of damage that you'd never really see, and have to be very very picky to worry about. However, again, better to be up front and honest.

HIGH RES PICS AVAILABLE BY EMAIL ON REQUEST!

Sam, I know Josh is out in Germany at the moment with work and as you can imagine is quite busy.

I'm sure he'll get back to you on his return.

Cheers Stu - I've just managed to get onto the forum through the hotel WiFi

Sam - sorry for being quiet - the PM situation was going nowhere fast and I've not stopped for about 2 weeks cos of work

Does your number start with 07837 and end in 3?

As I think I've got you in my phonebook and might just give you a call as it's easier.

Josh

Hi Josh you jet setter!

I understand how things can be, I'm under allot of pressure at work and checking pm's and the forum are on the low priority of things.

That number you have is my old one so no good trying to call me. Aren't any PM's getting through to you since the forum upgrade?