lauraJ

Classic car insurance

Hi

Quick question if I was to try and get a classic insurance policy for the corrado, but I'm already using my ncd on another car elsewhere. Would the classic insurance match my ncd?

I remember reading somewhere that on classic policies they do but when looking on websites it seems to want a separate set of ncd. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Laura

Laura,

Give Peter D James a call, Google them! as yours is over 20 years old it will qualify for classic policy and you will not need NCD either as they dont normally need it with a classic and my policy even has unlimited milage. a very good price too.

I have the Nugget and the VR with them.

Mention the CCGB also as this may help with a discount too.

Let me know how you get on..

Kip

There's a lot of terms and conditions with that company, the one that rules me out (despite my old car) is they only insure people over the age of 30.

As stated above alot of classic car policies don't need a NCD. I used to be insured with Footman James (not the corrado) and they requied no proof or gave discounts for NCD. The only downside is u don't accumulate any either but as u r already getting it on your other car not a problem.

There's a lot of terms and conditions with that company, the one that rules me out (despite my old car) is they only insure people over the age of 30.

Ohright, bonus of being an old fart then i guess, my nugget is insured fully comp with an agreed value for 4k for £144. :clap:

Looks like they have done a cracking job of helping to get it repaired after my incident in October too, Well see how though soon as it goes in Monday....

But I am happy your Corrado is insured with them Kip; I just did the online quote thing but no option to select a Corrado :-( so I did the next best thing and chose a mk2 golf gti and voila! £150 a year fully comp! now if only I was 30.... lol.

Does the classic insurance company's accept modified cars ?? Like suspension, different alloys, lights etc ?? or even turbo setup or corrado 4x4 ??

Does the classic insurance company's accept modified cars ?? Like suspension, different alloys, lights etc ?? or even turbo setup or corrado 4x4 ??

I would have though not as that would be some extensive mods and deviating away from the classic (standardish) status, but may be worth asking anyway. :?

I second footman James when I last used them. They used to offer to over 25s only so worth a call

"car must be garaged at night". seems both companies have clauses to their very cheap premiums!

My VR6 is on a classic policy, and I noticed the other nite that it says the car is only covered for theft & damage if the car is garaged when not in transit.

So, if the car was stolen/damaged while I was visiting someone or parked at a show, the insurance wouldn't pay a penny.... What a joke!

My fault for not reading the terms, but what sort of useless policy is that! Not worth the paper it's written on.

I managed to get a decent quote from FJ for my 1990 16v, despite it not being garaged ever. It was £150 FC albeit with 1500 miles limited.

I managed to get a decent quote from FJ for my 1990 16v, despite it not being garaged ever. It was £150 FC albeit with 1500 miles limited.

Was reading your post in your members gallery and called footman james today and got classic car insurance fully comp + all modification included (who said that classic insurance doesn't take modifications was wrong) for 290.72 for year including full local and europe breakdown cover albeit with 3k miles limited.

What mods do you have emu? Would be good to know what they are willing to cover.

price without mods was 252.12

mods declared, alloys worth up to 800 quid, coilovers, different front and rear lights and that's all so far

just had a quote from Peter Best insurance 215.00 for a VR6 with uk and european recovery 3k mileage limit garaged at night 200.00 excess very happy

would my g reg 1990 corrado come under classic insurance??

yes, car must be 15 or more years old

nice..how about tax.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

just done a quote....im 27...288 for the year..comepared to 1200 im paying on the 2.2 turbo vectra...

guess how much...fully comp, no exess, with free breakdown cover.....nope your miles off.....266 for the year!!! lol

im 26 with no noclaims and convictions so thats cheap