macvwnut

Elsecar Mega Meet 25th April

Result :) Yes i think its on the first page somewhere, you bringing the lady along? there's loads of stuff to see at the heritage centre mate if you do, you could spend 2 days wandering around it all but we just look at cars all day Lol! see you there chap ;)

Hi Guys

Could you just confirm your total number of cars on your club stand

Look forward to seeing you all there, cheers for your ongoing support

Cheers Simon

Phew, hope the repair has worked. Noticed increasing brake pad sticking on my Mk1 recently from the front right :-O Investigated today, and as these things go, it sometimes can be simply a little bit of luck, as I noticed test-tightening various bolts that the clamp bolt for the ball joint wasn´t tight enough. Torque wrench out, apply, and the bolt threaded! OK, still early enough on a Saturday to get a spare bolt (VW obviously closed, duh! Plus they´d need to ordderit in anyway, again duh! Like I need it now, not Tuesday!) from no less place than Halfrauds, as my local motor factor also needed to order the bolt in! It´s a standard M10 bolt, folks, but hey, gone are the days of proper hardware stores. Anyway, test-drive tomorrow, as I´m off to the theatre witht a few friends tonight.

So here´s hoping all will be fine, else it´ll be a delivery van tomorrow :lol:

Tempest

Hi Guys

Could you just confirm your total number of cars on your club stand

Look forward to seeing you all there, cheers for your ongoing support

Cheers Simon

Hi Simon, We will have 10 if thats ok with you?

Be good to get a couple inside Sunday night if thats possible too? i'll give you a call sometime Sunday if thats ok.

Thanks Chap and see you at the show :)

---------- Post added at 05:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Phew, hope the repair has worked. Noticed increasing brake pad sticking on my Mk1 recently from the front right :-O Investigated today, and as these things go, it sometimes can be simply a little bit of luck, as I noticed test-tightening various bolts that the clamp bolt for the ball joint wasn´t tight enough. Torque wrench out, apply, and the bolt threaded! OK, still early enough on a Saturday to get a spare bolt (VW obviously closed, duh! Plus they´d need to ordderit in anyway, again duh! Like I need it now, not Tuesday!) from no less place than Halfrauds, as my local motor factor also needed to order the bolt in! It´s a standard M10 bolt, folks, but hey, gone are the days of proper hardware stores. Anyway, test-drive tomorrow, as I´m off to the theatre witht a few friends tonight.

So here´s hoping all will be fine, else it´ll be a delivery van tomorrow :lol:

Tempest

Ooh hope all is ok for it then Eric, really hoping to see the Mk1 again as i haven't seen it since you entered the concours at Stanford with it years ago :)

Great see you guys on Sunday (any time after 5 we can get in)

Your booked for 10 Club Car Stand

Any Probs my Number is 07941132681

Cheers simon

as i haven't seen it since you entered the concours at Stanford with it years ago

It never entered the Concourse at Stanford, as it´s too heavily modified, so would be (rightfully so :lol:) refused entry at the gates. It may even be that you in actual fact have never seen my Mk1 in the flesh yet :-O

Right, still jiving to the tunes of the Blues Brothers, that´s what i went to see at the Belgrade theatre in Cov last night,. Test drive of the Mk1 next and then off oop norf :lol:

Tempest

for all those going to Elsecar from the West - it's worth a detour to enjoy the "Cat and Fiddle" road between Macclesfield and Buxton. The road is absolutely brilliant.

the only snag now though is that the highway nazis have put average speed cameras on it so if you want to enjoy it properly then you'd better take some duct-tape with you and make a few "temporary repairs" to the front of your car before going on it (not that i'm suggesting you do anything illegal though obviously...)

what's really annoying is that the cameras are only actually good at catching cars as bikes don't have front number plates.

bikes are main the reason why the road was slammed with cameras as they were involved in by far the most accidents on the road.

truly cracking bit of blacktop though - i was lucky enough to drive it in my corrado before the camera nazis got involved.

hop you all have a good day by the way

:)

is it to late to enter my golf into stanford hall

??? :scratch:

what's really annoying is that the cameras are only actually good at catching cars as bikes don't have front number plates.

bikes are main the reason why the road was slammed with cameras as they were involved in by far the most accidents on the road.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1409636_800000_speed_camera_on_cat_and_fiddle_fails_to_catch_a_single_biker

--------------

VR6 Lee

is it to late to enter my golf into stanford hall

Bit late as class numbers are generally fixed for show layout and almost certainly nearly full and full up by this stage. You'll have to give it a try and see.

For Concours Information:-

Rob Loughrey 01455 239723

[email protected]

http://www.stanfordhallvw.co.uk/concours.htm

By the way, you'll need a map to get there on current performance ! :lol:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?54944-Stanford-Hall-2011-Sunday-1-5-2011&highlight=stanford+hall

that's interesting cheers for that.just goes to show how useless and inappropriate the powers that be are today when it comes to this sort of thing.

common sense seems totally absent.

for the record by the way, i wasn't slating bikers - i love bikes and i've actually just passed my test!

Was a good show today, lots of lovely Corrado's on display 8) . Put mine to shame so I'm glad it was tucked away in the corner :)

Went along for a couple of hours this morning. Parked in the general parking as I didn't know there was dub parking around the corner, but managed to park next to a nice Mystic Blue Storm, so all was good.

Lots of nice Corrados and MK2 Golfs, so we were happy. Also called at the Autosmart van for some Biobrisk to replenish my stocks! It was a shame there wasn't a bigger auto jumble (I only say one stand outside?), and the music in the hall was a bit loud for me - I don't mind loud music but it was difficult to hear people speaking to you.

I decided that Mystic Blue is a great colour (saw a couple of these), and I am also starting to like the painted grille look...

Went along for a couple of hours this morning. Parked in the general parking as I didn't know there was dub parking around the corner, but managed to park next to a nice Mystic Blue Storm, so all was good.

Lots of nice Corrados and MK2 Golfs, so we were happy. Also called at the Autosmart van for some Biobrisk to replenish my stocks! It was a shame there wasn't a bigger auto jumble (I only say one stand outside?), and the music in the hall was a bit loud for me - I don't mind loud music but it was difficult to hear people speaking to you.

I decided that Mystic Blue is a great colour (saw a couple of these), and I am also starting to like the painted grille look...

You might have parked next to my mystic blue mate as i parked in the general parking area my number plate E57 ORM that the one?

Great show, good to chat with Paul (KIP) and Chris (G-Lad), saw the usuals Chris (G60 NO) "wheres the beast fella", Dave (the crazy one), Jude etc sorry i didnt come over to chat cars looked amazing as always and well done Paul on the win

Edited by Jon_vr6

Well what an epic day/weekend! this show just has the perfect atmosphere and gets better every year, the weather was truly fantastic again which alway makes for a good day out.

This really is becoming one of the highlights of the show season helped along muchly by having great friends over to stay before the show which really is what it's all about people.

Always good to catch up with a few friendly faces we dont see that often too :)

Was also great to see some new cars in the Corrado fold with Andy's new red VR & Tony's satin silver low milage VR complete with VSR Manifold :) not to mention peter's car actually getting to the event after an electrical glitch earlier in the week.

The standard of cars is superb and i was truly gobsmaked to pick up a trophy today with such awsome competition.

Long may this event run for and it's success is a credit to Simon & Jess and the rest of the gang who make it such a great event

Kip

Edited by KIPVW

??? :scratch:

Emailed Rob again, If I haven't heard anything by tomorrow ill give him a bell

Your car was looking mighty fine today Kip, as was butterfly's 8). Well deserved of trophies!

Attached are some photos from the meet. I have uploaded more to Dropbox here.

Was my first CCGB show and I really enjoyed myself. Thanks to all who made it a fun day out. Met some great people for the first time and had a stonking hot pork sandwich. Result. Also good to reacquaint myself with folk from the Post Office meet.

Saw Paul (Kipvw) and Judith's (Butterfly) cars for the first time. Blimey! Aside from these two A listers, my favourite looking 'rado there was Andy's (C5 OEM). An amazing amount of effort has gone into creating a really beauty.

I had noticed that the forum profiles for both VAG-Hag and Lilfuzzer says they "...have not made any friends yet". Having met them both yesterday, I now understand why :grin:.

TTFN,

agreed a very good long day! had to go a bity early cause i had somewhere to be! but was nice to catch up with a few people and meet some new ones! :) got some pics and ill upload em when i get my finger out!

My first show and although I had to leave early I had a great day out. It was a bit embarrasing having to park next to Tony's beautiful silver VR6 but I was just pleased to get my project car there at all :)

The cars in the show and shine were fantastic and the best none corrado in my eyes were a couple of lovely mk2 Golfs.

Met some nice people and I look forward to seeing you all again

Congrats to Kip for winning, that car of yours is magnificent.

Big thanks to Paul and Jude for having a gang of C-enthusiasts stay the night for some quality fun and frolics, including the almost obligatory Indian restaurant visit :) Not to forget the brekkie the morning after :)

Here are my pics

Tempest

Thumbs up for a friendly show! It was good to chat with a few of you there and thanks for the various tips I received :) Perhaps I will risk signing up for the club stand next time.

Hi

Thanks for supporting the show and well done on winning a class

If anyone has any Comments please feel free to Pm me

Hope to see you at the rallye show or at next years event

Cheers simon (Event Organiser)

A little bit late, but here are some pics we took

P4250633.jpg

P4250634.jpg

P4250635.jpg

P4250636.jpg

P4250637.jpg

P4250638.jpg