Sign in to follow this  
Big Adam

New Mini.......not so mini!!!

The funny thing is, the Mini One/Cooper has pretty much the same wheelbase as a Land rover freelander!! My mates mum had one of each, and I swear, the length of the wheelbase was the same, you could see it when they were parked side by side.

I'm just puzzled as to how it can still be called a 'mini'!!

Mini Paceman is next, just been given the go-ahead...basically a 3dr Countryman.

minipacemanconcept1.jpg

Mini also launching a Coupe/Convertible aswell.

minicoupeconcept.jpg

Utter tosh.. that countryman or whatever the hell it is needs dragging out back and shooting.

If you have watched motor car evolution over the past 40 years you will have noticed a long time ago that new models tend to be bigger, more sophisticated and more ££££ than their predecessors carrying the same name.

I worked as a sales exec for MINI from 06-09. The classic shape MINI vastly improved when the 2nd generation model came out.. When the Clubman came out I thought it was hideous and I'm still not a big fan. The countryman is even worse in my opinion and not really needed.

The one project that has been floating around for years at MINI which I've still not seen any concepts for is the mini MINI. This would be a 2 seater, still a bit bigger than the old Mini and to capture the Smart/IQ market. This would make for a great car to drive if it comes about - especially in S form.

If you haven't driven a hatchback shape Cooper S you really should, it's a great car.