Sign in to follow this  
TajMan

What's behind the G60 supercharger bracket, oil or coolant?

I just rebuilt my supercharger and did some other stuff on my Corrado. I went to fill the coolant and it is leaking from somewhere I can't quite see. The bracket that holds on the supercharger on the front-middle of the engine had a little seal in it that seals a hole on the engine. Is it oil or coolant in there, I can't remember. Thats about where it looks like the coolant is leaking so I thought I'd see if thats it.

hello there the bracket i think you are on about is the one that cover's the would be crankcase breather hole if the pg block were to have one. it should not be coolent coming from here as like i said its a crankcase breather just its not used on the g60 block for some reason.(yet) if its coolent maybe it leaking from the outlet (the one with the blue temp sender in and running down the front of the head ?? these o-rings are prone to leaking , did you change all the o-rings on all outlets etc ?

there are only 2 of the breather hole seals left at the vag factory, i just got a new one(thats how I know), they are a couple of pound......

I had exactly the same prob as u first time I took my charger off, and just like g-man says, it is the flanger that bolts on the front of the head.......they are less than a tenner from the stealer, when u replace it needs to be tight but, not too tight or the plastic will fracture. Also make sure the sealing face on the head is good, mine was fckued so I had to put instant gasket on there too.

HTH

*Edit - I just noticed your location....so I guess the number of these seals in the UK makes as much difference as the price of eggs in spain

I found out what it was. Stupidest problem ever, why do these things always happen to me. :roll:

You know how those two coolant hoses with the three ends each down there on the front of the engine have those hose clamps that you just squeze with pliers to move instead of the ones you screw tight with a screwdriver. Well one of those hose clams was up so that when I tightened down that supercharger bracket to the engine block it would touch the hose clamp and move it slightly so that coolant would leak. I had to take a lot of stuff back off to fix it but its good now.

Could all you guys that are looking at this thread go to this thread -----------> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... 6986#76986 to help me with my other problem. Check my new post at the bottom.