Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Junior

Greetings from sunny Spain

Hi folks, well life over here can move rather slowly so after 3 years of using this forum i duly noticed the newbie section.....My VR6 was bought in Kiel in January 1994 and brought over to the UK. It stayed there until January 2008 by which time it had racked up 80k km. I'd always wanted a Corrado and after an S 2000 sent me for spinal surgery the hunt intensified but unfortunately the words 'car' and 'care' are rarely encountered over here but Pistonheads came up trumps via John Woods' Volks World and after a day trip to Stourbridge from Alicante the car was mine! Now into its 18th year its a pleasure to drive over here. The marriage was sealed when the fabled heater matrix went and a pitched battle in my garage lasted for two days meaning i cannot see it being sold. Now on 122k km and with a new crack pipe and oil cooler, next stop will be the F1 testing in Valencia next week. Congrats on the website BTW its excellent!

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfdiesel4.JPG[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

Corrado92.pdfCNL 1.jpg[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfCNL2.jpg[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfCNL4.jpg[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCNL8.jpg[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

CNL9.jpg[/attachment:2w8h85wm]

Hola Omego! Muy Guappa Coche? Lol! sorry only know a little spanish and probably always get it wrong! :roll:

Don't worry Kip thats more Spanish than the average Brit in Benidorm. Mileage is creeping up so looks like neighbours offer of a Ford Puma for less than a grand is getting tempting, fuel costs might be a smidgen less as well :lol: Not sure what other members of the board would say as per this, but is there an acceptable 2nd car to a Corrado? Any advice let me know!

there is an acceptable second car to a C. It's another C thats not a VR6. Job done. More mpg, but just as much grin.

No club here in Portugal that I know of, but I know a few chaps with C's.

I'll let you know when mines done, just put engine wiring loom back in this morning

Just as a matter of interest, what was the registration like in Spain, for your car. Easy, expensive?

Nightmare here, so mines still on english plates, but not used much

Good call! In fact i saw a LHD g60 for sale in the UK for a laughable £2750 (which they will never get...), i should have snapped it up. What is the mpg for one of those BTW? Changing the plate was a piece of you-know-what....the Costa Blanca News has loads of adverts for people that do it. It cost me €700 all in which included the commission of the person that did it, ITV (MOT), the plates themselves etc etc. The turn around time was about 10 days all in which is surprising given the red tape here (and probably the same in Portugal :sad: ) and the engine size which is a crucial cost.....My neighbour (not the one with the Puma) brought over a 4.6 litre X5 and it cost him just under €3250, another mate had a 1.4 litre Civic and the plates changed but went thru the dealership to do it and that cost €1250......It pays to shop around methinks. Time to find a G60 this summer, just think maybe it has a heater matrix to fix at some point :eek: :eek: :eek:

for a daily driver i got myself a red washing machine, ups i mean a 3 cylinder Toyota Aygo. average fuel consumption in the city is 5L and afer that, driving the Corrado feels like a rocket. That also gives me time to save money and use it on prepping the car for the SC.

My view is get a daily as cheap, safe and durable as possible and then forget the days when you get pissed at the corrado for all its faults or age problems.

That Aygo probably makes a good noise though but its just what you need in Madrid, i left my VR6 parked overnight on the street there once and barely slept all night........Meanwhile Pistonheads is turning up G60s......... :?

basically to import my vr6 here will cost me in the region of 5000 euros, most of it in taxes. argggg. was thinking maybe do it in spain, and then only have to drive to tavira once every 6 months to leave the country and then bring it back..lol

we had a 1.8 16v and a 2.0 16v before (well same time as the vr6 actually, but that was when I had 4 at the same time) and we used to get about 8 to 10l per 100km, so not bad

have to say the vr6 averaged 38.9 on a gentle run over from the uk. pretty cool actually

as for heater matrix..................I still have the scars on the back of me hands from doing that. Adding to them at the mo with the wiring looms at the mo. one back in, one more to go

ate amanha dude

€5000???? Bloody hell! The pop over once a year for 6 months is a good option, thats what the Brits do here, come over in UK plated cars for 6 months and then head back. I will see if i can find anyone to do it nearer than the Costa Blanca for you, there must be someone in the Costa del Sol who will do it (still far but a bit nearer.....), i will let you know......