Sign in to follow this  
krishen

Headlight bulb replacemnet help

Ok whats the trick to changing bulbs over? I thought it would have been a simple change but it looks like you need kid hands to change over. Do i need to take the headlight out (which is going to be a bit troublesome as the screws at the top have rusted away :eek:

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Krishen

I did mine yesterday mate, and had the headlights out anyway. The O/S bulb holder was really tight getting it to prise off, if I hadn't had the actual headlight in my hand to be able to see what I was doing, there's no way I would've got it out without breaking something!! Now that I've done it however, it should be easy to do with it on the car next time.

Best best is to get them screws out mate, and replace with stainless for easy operation next time :)

Good luck with the 3rd headlight screw though mate if your top ones a rusted that 3rd one is going to be even worse

Good luck with the 3rd headlight screw though mate if your top ones a rusted that 3rd one is going to be even worse

Mmm that middle one took me about 3hrs to sort out 1st time I got to it. N/S was fine, O/S wasn't. After trying various tools I'd made in the machine shop (extended bars and all sorts!!) and various techniques, I eventually got some long nose pliers and attacked the little black insert that sits in the bodywork/slam panel that the screw screws into.

As said, literally takes 2minutes to take each headlight out now :clap:

Ah more joys. The top ones are so bad that they rounded the second i touched them with a screw driver. Guess will have to drill them out.

Where is the 3rd screw located? And how exactly do you drill out the screws?

Thankfully i was just wanting to upgrade the bulbs as opposed to them having blown.

yeah,lights out is easier,even tells you to do this in the handbook :?

Yeah and thankfully its not like modern cars where you have to take the bumper off to take the headlight off :cuckoo:

Ah more joys. The top ones are so bad that they rounded the second i touched them with a screw driver. Guess will have to drill them out.

Where is the 3rd screw located? And how exactly do you drill out the screws?

Thankfully i was just wanting to upgrade the bulbs as opposed to them having blown.

The 3rd screw is located down a hole in the slam panel, below the the top 2, in the middle of the headlight. Shine a torch down there and u'll see him! Drilling out the 3rd one will be an arse mate, I don't envy u if u have to do them.

The top 2, if as u say the slots have rounded then there'll be no need for a centre drill, just drill down through the top of the screw head with a pilot drill (obv needs to be smaller diameter than the core diameter of the screw otherwise u'll drill into the fixings)

It's all in the instruction manual in the DIY section...

Can you give me a link to this DIY section please :help:

It`s the owners manual you should have got with the car !

It`s the owners manual you should have got with the car !

Ah ok. Will have a look tomorrow. Thanks.