nsmjl02

New Storm

Thanks guys.

They really are nice cars and as they were saying on top gear the other night a classic car has done so much better than money in the bank over the past few years with the added benefit that we just love owning and driving them!

Kind of surprised and a bit disappointed that the corrado doesn't seem to have the same standing in this area. It's such a great looking car and just brilliant to drive and I would definitely be keeping mine and getting her back to A1 condition if you saw top models selling for 10k but you just don't.

Will this change or is this a benefit only enjoyed by the more sporting brands.

Not sure how it will pan out, but many years ago on top gear the Corrado was one of only two cars (the other being a Mercedes Cosworth) to be featured on their short lived 'future classic' wall!

Just had a look at the "how many left" site to see how many storms are left but the result doesn't look right to me, only has around 20 listed. I had a chap from this site ask me for some details on my car a while back for his register, would be good to know just how many of these things are left. My guess would be around 100 in total.

The weather up this way has been great the past couple of days, very spring like and just loved the drives to work. Started to talk myself into keeping the corrado again. I remember reading C5 OEM's thread when he was thinking of selling his car and thinking just make up your mind but I now feel his pain.

The weather up this way has been great the past couple of days, very spring like and just loved the drives to work. Started to talk myself into keeping the corrado again. .

Any time I think of selling or worry about how much I've spent on mine. I just take it for a drive and within minutes I'm smiling. If you don't need to sell, keep it. A piece of motoring history.

Mikevr6,

You are right, the problem isn't that I have too many cars, it's my house that's too small.

How do I spin this so that the wife feels like she came up with the idea to start looking for a bigger place?

So whats gonna give then....? maybe more detailed pictures of the bodywork....? price drop....? or buy a new house...?lol

C5OEM,

It's got to be the house!

Have you seen the post on here from the original and only owner of a storm with just 45k on the clock, can't wait to see the pictures for that one, thought mine was pretty original, low owner and milage but this new one wins that game hands down.

As for mine i've decided that i'm definitely not going to lower the price and will only let it go if I like the sound of the new owners plans. If that new owner never comes then hey ho I will just keep her and see if I can find the cash to get the bodywork back to mint.

Guys,

Looks like she has gone!

I just removed the advert from this site a few days back deciding that I was going to keep her until I found the cash for the respray and then two days later received a call from the chap who showed interest earlier saying that he had decided it had to be a storm after all.

So it looks like that's it.

Sad to see her go but also pleased to see her moved on to an new owner who already has a respray lined up. I also asked that he tries to keep a thread going on this site so that I can keep an eye on her.

---------- Post added at 7:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:48 AM ----------

Question now is can I start a Porsche thread or is there no place/interest for that on here?

Yes! Please start a Porsche thread. We're all too poor to own one but we can look on in awe :)

Congrats on the sale. Although I think you have mixed feelings. Don't worry, she's gone to a good home and is staying in the "fold" I hope. Is the buyer already a member of the Forum?

(I wonder how long before you're looking at For Sale Ads lusting after another Rado :) )

MikeVR6

Thanks and yes mixed feelings.

Hopefully the new owner will start up a thread that I can keep an eye on but that may not be his thing.

Regarding another one I'd have no hesitation but I would make sure I had the funds set aside to get any work done shortly after purchase. Otherwise there just seems to be a million and one other things that end up taking priority.

---------- Post added at 8:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:54 PM ----------

MikeVR6

Thanks and yes mixed feelings.

Hopefully the new owner will start up a thread that I can keep an eye on but that may not be his thing.

Regarding another one I'd have no hesitation but I would make sure I had the funds set aside to get any work done shortly after purchase. Otherwise there just seems to be a million and one other things that end up taking priority.

MikeVR6,

You did that.

Its back to 2ft of snow again up here and had to take the Boxster to work today. don't think I went above 30 mph. There would have been none of that nonsense with the Corrado.

Hi folks,

I still miss this car and managed to track down the plate that was put on the car when I kept the original plate.

Anyone know where N621YSA is now ?

You just need the vehicle smart app to check mot and tax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if u look on facebook on the corrado club of great britain page you will find it a picture there and owners details :) have pm'd you