Sign in to follow this  
Wompa

Battery tray swap

Hi.

Does anyone have a good picture of a battery tray on a G60? I really need to know if a G60 is the same as the VR6 because my whole thing needs to be changed...

imgp5887o.jpg

I need to change the part from the yellow line and forward... is the G60 part the same as a VR6?

Alright! This piece of parts is a hard son of a **** to get ahold of and a G60 parts has come up so I needed to know for sure if it would work.

The thing is the lower fram part in the front but that is maybe the same on a G60 and VR6..

Cheers!

If I could get ETKA working on my computer then I would searched but...

The part is from a scraped G60.. works for me as long as I can drive the car in the summer! :D

If I could get ETKA working on my computer then I would searched but...

The part is from a scraped G60.. works for me as long as I can drive the car in the summer! :D

Why can't you get it working on your PC? I have EKTA and I'm an IT Consultant so I might be able to help?? :wave:

Jim

right click, properties, run as windows xp/95 whatever usually helps with older software, especially if you're running 64bit windows.

Do you use Windows 7... then tell me what you did to make it work! ;)

Magic and a touch of industry class technology. I won't go into the detail of desktop virtualisation, suffice to say you need to install VMware Server

http://www.vmware.com/products/server/ download it here.

This basically creates a platform on your PC whereby you can install another operating system to use as another machine. Simply install XP on VMware on top of windows 7 and install ETKA on there. Easy. :) (although I am an IT Consultant who mainly deals with virtualisation :lol: )

Let me know if you need any help...

Oh by the way, you'll obviously need an ok PC; no point putting this on a celeron with 512MB RAM!!

Jim

7 has basic emulation built in, you can set an item to run in anything upwards from an nt4 environment without vmware usually... worth a shot first :p

7 has basic emulation built in, you can set an item to run in anything upwards from an nt4 environment without vmware usually... worth a shot first :p

Yeah I read that a couple of people managed to get it running with an emulator but don't know what reliability is like - and I couldn't get it to work :sad:

I had a VMware setup at home anyway so it was a no-brainer for me really. If you can get it to run through XP mode on Win 7 then go for it!!

Jim

I dont know if it makes any different, but I uses the Tecar Forum Etka... maybe another version of this would work?

It just gives me a failur notice that a file is missing...

I got it to work!

Installed it, and then the hardlock and just ran it... SWEET!

But the prices, they cant be right? :p HAHA!