delfinis38

wing mirrors...

is it an easy job to remove the wing mirrors ?? i can see two phillips screw heads but are they tapped into the door or do they have nuts inside the door. I've been tring to clean 15 years of dirt / polish from round the gasket between the mirror and the door with a tooth brush but it ideally needs the mirror removing. I'm guessing it has a loom attached to the mirror as well.

also any tips on cleaning the ridge between the bottom of the side window rubbers and where it meets the painted panel. I'm thinking tooth brush again.

TIA

Haven't done it myself but you remove the whole mirror body by twisting it at the base and exposing the 2 screws that hold it to the door. They apparently can be "ahem" slightly difficult to remove. Good soak with WD 40 or suchlike should help.

IIRC the mirror comes off fine, nuts are captivein door, but the loom needs the interior panel removing to get at the connector block :bad-words:

easy enough with the right size phillips driver. when i done mine i think i only had to take the triangle door mirror trim off on the inside and thats a two second job..

yeah just those two screws but be careful as i have broken one of the captive nuts off on a breaker i had. had to chisel the door to get the mirror off. like whats been said abvoe give it good soak before removal.

Whilst its titled wing mirrors I'll ask a question.

I've had the nugget G60 re-sprayed a month or two back and there is a split in the trim of the drivers wing mirror. The black band part. I have a spare set of mirrors so how do I remove said black band?

Ta muchly

dont think these come off to be honest , factory fitted and glued . i would get another one and get it sprayed rather than risk scratching the new paint on the original .regards rob

Whilst its titled wing mirrors I'll ask a question.

I've had the nugget G60 re-sprayed a month or two back and there is a split in the trim of the drivers wing mirror. The black band part. I have a spare set of mirrors so how do I remove said black band?

Ta muchly

Glass out,4 screws out,small screw under the mirror which is normally rusted then jiggle about to remove..as said awkward due to brittle parts

Ta muchly for the reply's. That will be why the screw is already missing from it. I can already virtually lift of a load of the outer black trim.. I reckon I'll practice removing the glass on the spare set first...Not busting those mirrors now that they are all sprayed up.. Should have done it before but never noticed it.

On another note..

I know I aint been on here so much in the last12 months due to the car in bits.. How come it states I am a newbie and I have like no posts?? I have hundreds!

Whaaaaaaat??? How weird is that...No idea how that has happened. I think that was the first time I had been on in some time.. the site asked me to re-register and then asked me a question..

Oh well I shall revert to previous user details..

Ta muchly for that sir.

Thread resurrection!

Been trying to removing both wing mirrors today and have rounded 1 screw on each!!!!! Grr. Any tips for getting them off now?