Sign in to follow this  
20vt

Corrado insurance

Evening all,

Just a heads up on a deal i just got insuring my Corrado. It's a 16v i'm using while finishing off my 20vt project and i don't use it for commuting as i've got a company van. Just got fully comp cover on a classic insurance policy for £124..... for the whole year! That includes social, domestic & pleasure and 6000 miles a year. It was with a online broker price comparison site called heritage. If you google it, it should come up. Just thought it might be useful for others especially with every other thing relating to motoring shooting up recently.

Yeah couldn't believe it, never really thought about trying for classic insurance before as still see the Corrado as a modern car (showing my age!). Goes some way towards making up for spending a fortune filling the thing up with petrol

tried to get classic car insurance on mine,wouldnt insure me because i work for the motor trade.i am 38 for gods sake not 17 :mad: :mad:

I'm on a classic policy with Norton/Heritage.

Gonna go back to a regular policy when that expires, as I've noticed this clever clause: :roll:

The insurance does not cover damage to the insured vehicle from any cause nor theft of the vehicle unless it is kept in a proper locked garage when not in the course of a journey

My car is garaged 99% of the time, but what this useless policy tells me is that on the rare occasion that I'm using the car to visit a friend/family/go to a car show, the car is not insured for damage or theft.

Make sure you check the policy wording

Doesn't matter having a few threads for classic insurance but I've at least moved this to the insurance forum :)