Sign in to follow this  
PeteL

Pistonheads SOTW - Corrado VR6

soggy and mundane Golf VR6 :lol:

my mate seems to think the golf handles the same as the corrado as well :cuckoo:

Shed of the Week :lol: Nice little write up :D

Doesn't look sheddy in the pics, but I'll take his word for it.

He seems to echo the thoughts of our little community, especially the reference to the Corrado being erased from VW's history.

soggy and mundane Golf VR6 :lol:

my mate seems to think the golf handles the same as the corrado as well :cuckoo:

To be fair mate, stick some coilovers on the MK3 and run it at the same camber as the Corrado's and I'm sorry to say, they do handle as well as the Corrado.

People tend to compare standard v standard and the Corrado had much stiffer suspension.

To be fair mate, stick some coilovers on the MK3 and run it at the same camber as the Corrado's and I'm sorry to say, they do handle as well as the Corrado.

Agreed. Owning a Golf VR (OBD2) that is running on coilies, I have to say it definitely ISN'T soggy or mundane!

Agreed. Owning a Golf VR (OBD2) that is running on coilies, I have to say it definitely ISN'T soggy or mundane!

I think because you sit lower closer to the ground in the Corrado, it just feels like it's handling better, although technically, the Corrado's C of G is a lot lower than the taller Golf's, which will have an effect in some cornering scenarios, but generally speaking, modified Golfs and Corrados aren't as far apart as people think.

very good point... my mk3 was standard height and it felt like a boat, you sit well high like in a transit van and its awful :lol:

my mates has some cheapo coilovers on, slammed on 17's, and its not great either to be fair. But im sure it can be set up good, he will probably be doing me in the corners when he has finished :lol:

Yeah i was kind of shocked when i saw this but SOTW has had some damn good cars over the years and i see it as a compliment! Its a good article especially with reference to the 'cult classic' and VW's shameless ignorance of the car at the launch of the Scirocco in 2008. Actually £995 is quite tempting, i hope no one buys it to break there may be a good car there but i suspect a money pit :sad:

PS Just gone thru to the dealers page and they have 2 other Corrados on offer a VR6 and a 2 litre http://www.supercoupes.co.uk/listings.php?next=1 :D

Hmm, price on there website is £1395. Think theve just bumped it up now there probably getting a lot of interest?

Wouldn't be surprised but reading the comments on the SOTW message board its 99% in favour except some garbage about the interiors not being well built .......