Bazmcc

2.0 16v 9a - Faults and findings - Idle speed sensor, MAF, Speedo not working, etc

OK, so my corrado has decided to gather together and few faults and throw them all at me at the same time.

Current mods.

Engine 9a

KR exhaust cam

4 branch manifold and decat (O2 sensor removed)

50mm inlet manifold

Milltek cat back exhaust

Here's my list of current problems. If anyone can shed any light on any of them I'd be greatful. I have vag-com and have done a few scans too.

1. Speedo isn't working. I scanned it last night and it said engine speed sensor. After clearing the fault and taking it for a drive the speedo still wasn't working so I expected the speed sensor to show a fault again but it didn't. The rev counter, fuel and temp gauges still work. The spoiler doesn't rise at 55 either. Both rear ABS Sensors were showing a fault but when they were cleared and the car taken for a drive they didn't reappear. I assumed it might have had something to do with getting stuck in the snow at xmas.

2. I have 2 permanent faults showing up for the airflow meter and idle control sensor. Has anyone got a how to on fixing, cleaning, or replacing etc? I don't want to replace it if it only maybe needs a tweak or a clean. When the fault is cleared on vag com it clears and comes back instantly. This normally suggests to me a wiring fault or something is stuck.

3. When I get in the car to start it first thing from cold, I have to turn the key as normal to hear a whine, then as i let it off there's a click/clunk from the starter and then I can start it as normal on the second turn.

4. My engine mounts are feeling the force of 157K miles. I've been reading up about engine mounts but can't find to many places who stock a lot of the mounts people mention in the threads. Is anyone on here making solid front mounts? And can I use MK2 diesel mounts or VR6 mounts for the other 2?

Other than these niggles the car seems to run perfectly, possibly a little rich but performance is spot on/quite good.