junkie

2.8 4Motions

Pretty much all set to buy a golf 4mo at the weekend 5 door all standard but high miles.

How much difference or similarities will there be compared to the TT we had previously.

Without super charging or turbo what's the best route for a good tweak

Looks into something called Lemiwinks. This can be used to tweak the engine a little. Other than that the usual exhaust etc will help but theres not really many gains to be had. They are a lot quicker than they feel, with a few tweaks you will see 220-230bhp.

Best thing to do on them is get some decent suspension on and try and get some adjustable rear tie bars to get it all set up right. Apart from that enjoy, I loved the ones Ive had.

Cool, not looking for mega gains just the whole drivability tweaks. Already thought about the suspension etc as I assume it's all TT stuff been VAG mk4 platform. Going to keep it looking standard and eventually turbo it for the sleeper look lol.

What's the induction and exhausts that's best used on these.

Uprate the suspension - the standard is far too soft and wallowly - fitted ours with Bilstein coilovers and totally transformed it

I will be running my 4Motion engine with Schimmel cams & standalone soon, just to see what i can get out of it before the turbo goes on. I just want to see if I can ripen up the top end because they're flat as farts up there in standard trim. I'll poke around with the cam timing and VGI flap opening rpms etc and have a play.

I'll let you know how it goes. If his 24V cams are as good as his 12V ones, then fun me, it should be happy days :)

I still think the top end is ok, its just that you do get quite a big torque hike lower down so it feel like it tails off a bit.

Induction wise Ive tried a few and they dont really make much difference. The usual BMC etc should work, the issue is the intake sits in behind the battery so some sort of cold air feed is good. Exhaust wise Ive only had standard or a silly 3in single box system which was far too loud (was on the car when I got it). The two box 2.5in system I had on my 24v'd Corrado sounded perfect. Just like MicVR's. Other than my Mk5 I have now they are ny favourite car.

one on vr6 oc at the mo ... http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?418766

Immaculate condition and completely standard 3 door 2.8 V6 4motion in black with standard interior (looks like new - unlike leather!)

72'000k with FSH & all reciepts, MOT's, TAX disks etc. from new including original VW sale receipt!

12months MOT, 6 months TAX

2000 model - only £205.00 a year TAX (2001+ are £245)

pristene example with only three previous owners!

optional cd multichanger, climate control air conditioning, winter pack; automatic wipers, auto-dim rear view mirror, heated mirrors etc.

I am only selling due to unemployment, i spent three months trying to find a perfect 4 motion and nothing has been spared in the upkeep of this car; haldex oil and filter changed every 2 years, serviced every year regardless of milage etc!

FIRST TO SEE WILL BUY!!

Now dropped to £3000 for quick sale, call me on 07021550780 if you have any questions?

YO11 postcode - Scarborough, North Yorkshire

No canvassers or agencies, please email me for more photographs etc.

Also if someone would post this on the uk-mkiv forum i would greatly appreciate it...

Looks very tidy even considered it myself

Cheers mate just too pricey at the moment for us.

We have hopefully found another and 3 door this time in black nice wheels needs a few bits doing but nothing too detrimental to the car hopefully again collecting this wknd. Fingers crossed.

I used to have a 4mo and I loved it... apart from the rather high fuel bill if you have a lead foot it was great. I used to drive it when I was at Uni in Blackpool through a pretty icy winter, it felt so safe and gripped well. As it has been said get some coilovers as its like a boat stock. I had a pipercross cold air intake for mine and it sounded awesome. Went under a tunnel and came out the other end with sticky pants