krnau

What clutch for a KR 1.8 16v?

I'm doing an ABF transplant. I'll keep the 02a corrado KR gearbox.

What clutch should I fit? Is there any turbodiesel or other seats etc clutch that are worth fitting?

and.. is abf flywheel the same as corrado kr?

Thanks!!!

Hard to say, my old KR clutch badly needed changing and for a little bit extra i just put on a VR6 Sachs one :norty:

I'll replace only the disk as I've got a brand new one at home, and reuse the bearing and pressure plate. I hope it lasts LoL!!

the disk I have at home is about 0.6 mm depth (of the 'thing' that is in contact with the pressure plate). is that okay?

just use a standard 8v/16v 02A 228mm clutch, Sachs/LUK is good, don't go for the very cheapest pattern ones they tend to judder, I've fitted sachs to both of my cars and they are perfect, last one on the 8v was a generic 8v/16v part number and after a few miles bedding in is spot on. ABF is no more torquey than a 9A engine so no need for uprated, you'll just make the pedal heavier :)

right then, I'll go for a std 16v kit :)

I'll get it from vwspares, I hope it arrives to Barcelona soon as I'm doing the ABF transplant next week :S

I measured the thickness of the old clutch friction surfaces on my old 8v clutch and the new one, think there was about 2mm of wear in total, it doesn't take much on each friction surface to make the clutch worn and much heavier to operate, look at the rivets holding the friction surfaces on, if the material is worn down to them it's shot.

I'm assuming you are talking about the clutch and not the flywheel! flywheels rarely wear, you see some discolouration but there shouldn't be any scoring on there.

LoL!! then 0.6mm means that it's about to die.. and so, I've ordered a vr6 clutch :)

I'll be receiving an old and tired ABF tomorrow, and a rebuilt one on monday.

Thanks all!

I've just received the package from vwspares and the vr6 clutch disk's depth is about 0.8mm..... so it looks like I have two brand new disks now :S

in the end, I couldn't fit the VR6 pressure plate so my kr one was reused. just for future reference is anyone needs to know this ;)