slim_crx

g60 by pass valve

right hello all, ive just bought a g60 corrado and while she was quick enough i want some more!

i seen some people have this bought at bar-tek and ive just received the bypass valve kit which says it rises boost!

just wondering, 1 is it any good and is it safe to use on it!

and 2 where does it go!

also i was buying it and it said the valve did not come with it but it did and i bought the valve seperate then but while there both similar, ones bigger than the other! which ones better or is it for something else!

thanks for the help people!!

If it is what I think it is, the it will basically prevent the ISV bleeding off boost when it goes over 1bar. Can be dangerous if the car can't put the fuel in to cope with the extra air, this can lead to detonation.

As far as I can see, little things like this will rarely do much good. To get some good power out of your G60 you need to concentrate on breathing, so head work, intercoolers, exhaust, charger porting and pulley size reduction, a good map and mix that in with an oil cooler and bigger injectors......basically, not cheap!!

I've not looked at exactly what a bypass valve is, but your description makes me think about it.

Hope that helps, have a look at JMC's build thread for a good base to improve your engine.

Thought my ears were burning, lol.

Whats you're setup at the moment Slim_CRX? The check valves are a bad idea, as you wont be able to bleed off boost of there is a problem in the intake system or with knock. Also if you raise your boost pressure you'll need a remap to get extra fuel in to make the best of it otherwise you'll be running lean.

Getting more power from a G60 is down to good mapping as much as anything else. If you haven't got a 68mm pulley fit one, if thats not enough fit a 65mm but be ready for frequent rebuilds. Most importantly get a good chip to match your setup (G-werks or DG). Fit an FMIC, 4 branch exhaust manifold and decent exhaust as well. To be honest, things like check valves add little and increase the risks of problems.

yes it is that item but i got the kit with the pipes also, seen someone had bought it on one of there build threads so thought it couldnt be that bad lol

its the grey g60 with the porche cream interior and black azevs so it has plenty done

bored to 1.9 with wossner pistons

stage 4 recently rebuilt with 69mm pulley and chiped

oil cooler

powerflow cat back exhaust and other wee bits and peices

will be geting her mapped again in the near future as well

is this item a no no r will i wait till i remap and maybe fmic and injectors

My G60 has been chipped/pulleyed with a non-return valve fitted on the boost return side of the ISV since it was 1 year old, now has 145k on the clock & still runs very well, engine has never been touched & it doesnt burn any oil.

This an easy & relatively inexpensive way to boost power by approx 10BHP & increase responsiveness.

yes it is that item but i got the kit with the pipes also, seen someone had bought it on one of there build threads so thought it couldnt be that bad lol

its the grey g60 with the porche cream interior and black azevs so it has plenty done

bored to 1.9 with wossner pistons

stage 4 recently rebuilt with 69mm pulley and chiped

oil cooler

powerflow cat back exhaust and other wee bits and peices

will be geting her mapped again in the near future as well

is this item a no no r will i wait till i remap and maybe fmic and injectors

Sounds like a good setup. What boost pressure are you running normally then mate? If you are above 14psi then your map sensor wont be able to read any further increases anyway (standard ones are 1 bar sensors). People do use them but be aware that you are stopping the ISV doing one of it's key functions - bleeding off boost when it needs to. The consequence of this is melting your pistons if you go too lean. Up to you though.

I do a boost reroute into my inlet which is similar, but my peak boost pressure is only 11psi given a heavily ported head therefore I still have a few psi lee way where the MAP sensor will still read the pressure. If you are around 14psi and then you over boost the ECU wont know what pressure you are at and can't fuel correctly in response.

its running around 10-11psi wich i thot was low for a stage 4!

well ive a air-to-fuel ratio gauge in the car which i regulary check and it does run lean on part throotle but fine on boost!

what if i fitted it when im geting it remapped