Sign in to follow this  
VRev6

Who got the fastest??

hello everyone,

Just sat at work wondering (as ya do!) who on the forum has the fastest corrado or what is the fastest one that anyone's seen is it a G60 or a VR :?: 8)

:D

twin turbo VR6 is the fastest straight line speed 'rado I've seen on video... 8)

On here it's gotta be one of the Supercharged+VR6+NOS boys, or possibly one of the mega tuned 20Vturbos that holds the fastest in a straight line record...

Fastest in what way though? 0-60, top speed, around a track, 30-100, 60-0???

IMHO, speed's irrelevant without the chassis to control it, and the brakes to stop it! 8)

IMHO, speed's irrelevant without the chassis to control it, and the brakes to stop it!

i know what ya saying, but its just something i was sat wondering, im not looking at building the fastest (i couldnt if i tried! LOL) C or anything :shock: just find it quite interesting to see what limits people have taken them too?

If it's just a pondering thought then, Cool... 8) I reckon that PhatVR6's will be well up there when he gets around to dumping the 2 litre and putting the bits he's got lying around to use! ;) 8)

I'm not sure what top speed the VR6twinTurbo got 'cos it went off the end of the speedo! :crazyeyes: :lol:

I thought the top speed would be more than that considering the fastest fiesta goes 178mph :shock:

Yeah I'm sure it is, I was referring to a "legendary" tale of a supercharged VR6 vs. MR2 turbo...

...and I bet the Fiesta had a few more mods than a "bolt-on" supercharger ;-)

I would think the fastest member's cars are ChrisVR6Nos, H8RRA, ZeroK666 and there's another guy with a 20VT with around 400....before it let go of a piston :(

Oh and Guy Hartley....311bhp.

But obviously all those pail into insignificance next to my quad turbo'd W8 :lol: 386mph top speed and the 0-60 is so fast Tag Heure had to supply me with a chronometer that measures in 1,000,000ths of a second, instead of the usual 100ths :mrgreen:

But obviously all those pail into insignificance next to my quad turbo'd W8 :lol: 386mph top speed and the 0-60 is so fast Tag Heure had to supply me with a chronometer that measures in 1,000,000ths of a second, instead of the usual 100ths :mrgreen:

Kev? Kev? Kev? Time to wake up... You've overslept!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :-P

If it's just a pondering thought then, Cool... 8) I reckon that PhatVR6's will be well up there when he gets around to dumping the 2 litre and putting the bits he's got lying around to use! ;) 8)

I'm not sure what top speed the VR6twinTurbo got 'cos it went off the end of the speedo! :crazyeyes: :lol:

cheers!

the parts below were in a mk2 golf. managed a 13.75 1/4 mile, with a 2.034 60' time (that equates to around a 5.5 0-60).

managed to get 132.35mph out of it, but that wasn't flat out (officially recorded by south yorkshire police!)

should be a bit slower in a heavy corrado, but race seats, carbn bonnet and the direct port nitrous should sort that out.

if it won't run 12's I'm selling it an buying a skyline, f*ck it.

aparently that UPS brown Turbo VR6 does 202MPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine won't be as quick but I hope to see 160-170mph top speed and in the 4's for 0-60 and a good time around the track due to the 4wd!

......and was still accelerating

Mine won't be as quick but I hope to see 160-170mph top speed and in the 4's for 0-60 and a good time around the track due to the 4wd!

They're quite stable at that sort of speed apparently,160-170mph that is, not sure about 200+ though!

With the right gearing, torque and 4WD, 0-60 in the 4s is very possible. Just make sure you brace the strut towers otherwise you'll end up ripping them apart....they are 10+ years old after all!

Your target to beat is the Porsche 911 (996) twin-turbo's 0-100 of 8.8 seconds :shock:

K

i had my old supercharged VR6 off the end of the speedo a couple of times, on a private stretch of road of course.........

if you want to go really fast get a skyline! :D

i had my old supercharged VR6 off the end of the speedo a couple of times, on a private stretch of road of course.........

if you want to go really fast get a skyline! :D

Have you seen the 1340bhp Skyline on the Vids page in mentioned in General (Corrado bi-turbo)?

Damn thing nearly falls off the rollers it's so powerful!!

Mental.....

There's also a Supra on there with a 1000bhp Skyline lump that rips the strut towers apart so much, you can see the wings physically pulling apart as it tears down the 1/4 mile!

What is it with the Skyline lump that it can take so much power? Classic Japanese over-engineering or just bucket loads of cash and Blitz/HKS components?

BiggerBigBen - what the hell are you doing to that 1.8T lump to be aiming at 0-60 in 4 seconds?????

Can I have some? :D

My 6v 4 motion corado project is aiming for mid 5s I think. Although I might supprise myself. The standard v64motion does it in 6.1 or 6.4 or something, and how heavy are they?

They're quite stable at that sort of speed apparently,160-170mph that is, not sure about 200+ though!

With the right gearing, torque and 4WD, 0-60 in the 4s is very possible. Just make sure you brace the strut towers otherwise you'll end up ripping them apart....they are 10+ years old after all!

Your target to beat is the Porsche 911 (996) twin-turbo's 0-100 of 8.8 seconds :shock:

K

I will keep that strut brace idea in mind. I think getting a sub 10 secs to 100 will be a challenge let alone 8.8!! What I have to keep reminding myself is that although my corrado will be quick, its also going to be almost a daily driver, therefore I can't go over board. 360bhp is the target hp (which to most people is major overboard as it is), perhaps getting the bottom end re-built to a higher spec to handle 400bhp with a little more boost but I think thats it. To go further with the 20v in my view is going to start to get expensive and it will become unrealible. Therefore I'm looking to build up another engine over the next year to a much higher spec, like a VR6 for example or maybe something a little different and then uprate the running gearto cope. I don't know, ideas change daily, but regardless I can't wait to get mine on the road..hope to get it started this weekend!!! yeeppiiie...

BiggerBigBen - what the hell are you doing to that 1.8T lump to be aiming at 0-60 in 4 seconds?????

My 6v 4 motion corado project is aiming for mid 5s I think. Although I might supprise myself. The standard v64motion does it in 6.1 or 6.4 or something, and how heavy are they?

I rekon around the mid 4's mate running @ 360-400bhp.. est though. (its 4wd as well)

cheers!

the parts below were in a mk2 golf. managed a 13.75 1/4 mile, with a 2.034 60' time (that equates to around a 5.5 0-60).

managed to get 132.35mph out of it, but that wasn't flat out (officially recorded by south yorkshire police!)

should be a bit slower in a heavy corrado, but race seats, carbn bonnet and the direct port nitrous should sort that out.

if it won't run 12's I'm selling it an buying a skyline, f*ck it.

Sod the skyline, get yourself the convertible beetle in this months volksworld, full bodied nothing fancy looking on a set of porsche gas burners, and pulled of a 10.88 @ 125mph :shock: now i would like to see that piss over something that is snorting and whooshing in the lane next to you. :lol: imo

the guy I got my Autometer dials from has just built a 400BHP N/A 1970s beetle... it looks a shed from the outside, but the engine is a work of art... 8)

1/4 in 10.5! he's running in on a mix of petrol, meths and paint-thinners! :crazyeyes: It's also road legal! :?

Utter madness... :D

where did you find such a rare 3 cylinder engine?