Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_VR6_Boy

Switch in my Glove Box!!

Good day to you all, fairly new on here in fact this is my first post!!

I recently swapped my Pulsar GTi-R for a 92K Corrado VR6.

But any way I was just hunting around in my glove boy and came across a little switch at the back top right! :shock: ! Any one know if its meant to be there or has anyone else got one and know what it does?

Cheers

Sam

nope, not standard... :? dunno what its for then... possibly to turn on a flashing LED somewhere?

*edit* - Oops, where are my manners??? :oops: Welcome to the forum! 8)

You got rid of the GTI-R for a Corrado??? Those cars are awesome....OK, not much to look at, but 240bhp + 4WD in a light shell = ballistic!

you often hear of people wiring the ignition switch through an additional switch to allow for more security. ie:- this second switch would need to be closed to allow the ignition switch to start the car. People use common switches on the dash sometimes, say the foglight switch, so its not obvious to a thief, they also hide them.

Try flicking the switch (ohhh uh missus) and see if this cuts the ignition. That would be my best guess, if not simply follow the wires as Phat said.

welcome BTW :D

Thera

It does something with the alarm but I dont want to mess around with it too much just in case!! It makes the alarm LED flash when its switched and the engine is running.

'You got rid of the GTI-R for a Corrado??? Those cars are awesome....OK, not much to look at, but 240bhp + 4WD in a light shell = ballistic!' Youd think that wouldnt you!! :D It spent more time off the road then on, altho when it was on the road it was awsome, 4WD off the mark is Mental!! :twisted:

id of the GTI-R for a Corrado??? Those cars are awesome....OK, not much to look at, but 240bhp + 4WD in a light shell = ballistic!' Youd think that wouldnt you!! :D It spent more time off the road then on, altho when it was on the road it was awsome, 4WD off the mark is Mental!! :twisted:

Ahem. Welcome to VW ownership... Don't expect things to change too much, will ya? ;)