pet73r

Air Filter Oil G60

Anyone help me? I have a Jetex cone filter, one of them massive jobbies from Jabba sport. Anyway, without having to buy the cleaning kit that Jetex offers are there any other alternatives?

I already have a K&N cleaning kit, of which the cleaner will work fine, but when it comes to oiling the filter, the oil in the K&N kit is red. Not good on a blue filter, unless you want a yukky colour filter, which i do not.

Is any filter oil okay to use? For example, Shell filter oil.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHELL-ADVANCE-FILTER-OIL-FOAM-AIR-FILTER-OIL-1-x-300-ml-/370264827799?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item563580e797#ht_1676wt_907

or say, castrol filter oil

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CASTROL-FOAM-AIR-FILTER-OIL-SPRAY-/290534976498?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a53bebf2#ht_1448wt_907

Or does anyone have any recommendations? Are there any clear oils out there that i can use on my bright blue filter? Or any other blue oils which dont cost £20 plus??

While were on the subject.... Alot of people have told me that having this massive air filter is just sucking in alot of hot air. Which we all know is not good. We all also know that the corrado G's do run very hot, so this statement kinda makes sense. Anyone else want to add their opinion?

Is the air filter doing more harm than good? Or are my sources just telling me a load of hot air?? So to speak. (sorry, had to get it in there.) :D

probably be best off selling that filter and getting a standard airbox with the paper filter , the biggest worry on a g60 is clean air , if its sucking dirty air then the charger will be full of grinding paste

100% agree with the view expressed regarding swap back to OEM paper filter and airbox. Oiled type filters can cause many running faults with modern engines, I see this issue all the time with customers cars.

thanks for the advice guys. I have a standard air box that will go back on now. It does however have a K&N panel filter in it. Shall I bin this and revert back to the paper type filter? Or is this ok if I look after it?

yes K&N in standard air box is what i run no problems

although i have been tempted to drill a few holes in the bottom to let more air into it #

yes K&N in standard air box is what i run no problems

although i have been tempted to drill a few holes in the bottom to let more air into it #

No need to do this unless you have a ported charger tbh. But thee K&N replacement filter will do you fine. Just keep it clean