morganvw1

VAG meeting @ Festival Place (Basingstoke) 8th March 2011

He'll all,

Exciting news, Elite1000 are rejoining the scene after a few years of going to ground. This time though, not as a club but as a meeting for the south of the country.

I have managed to secure Festival place as a meeting point. I have spoken to the general manager and she is allowing us to hold the meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month as of March the 8th 2011 (7pm-12pm).

This will be Festival place’s first attempt at allowing a group of enthusiast to use their venue, so we are very much the test pilots for them.

Unfortunately the long standing meeting at Guildford has been moved on and the ability to secure a venue had failed. I am hoping that with a secure venue this meeting will become as popular.

The Venue at Festival place has the ability to hold up to 500 cars, it will be marshalled and I am in the process of speaking to vendors about a discount (10 – 15 % off) on food for when we visit.

The vendors are:

Burger King, Giraffe, Coal, La Tasca

The venue is easily accessible from the M3 (junction 6) and the M4 (junction 11)

The venue post code is: RG21 7BA (enter into your sat nav)

Rules of the Venue:

Festival place ask that you respect that they have residence either side of the venue so please no loud music and NO racing around the car park.

There is CCTV in the car park so anyone found racing around the venue will be asked not to attend in the future. What you do when you leave the venue is down to you and those who police the public highways.

Looking forward to seeing you all and enjoying our first get together.

Scott.