Pat_McCrotch

WARNING: JOM Coilovers - knocking fault

so the long and short being that they come from the factory with some nipping up required after a few miles? :/

Yiup, and the reason I think i'm now finally going to ditch them and go back to OEM. I really wanted to like them, but I would rather have a solid car than these, plus the damping goes into a fit after more than a couple of bumps.

Just to save myself some integrity these came with my car, I didn't buy them with my own money!

Edited by Pat_McCrotch

That's quite a jump to instantly swapall the mounts, and the coilovers are probably not set up correctly with wrong LSB/HSB/Rebound settings or spring rates.

Well the noise was pretty horrific. Unlike anything i'd heard before and as said on uk-mkivs easily put down to suspension bushes etc. Sounded just like an engine mount with the metal on mental noise :) At least I can put it down to preventative maintenance anyway.

I wasn't actually aware you you adjust rebound rates on coilovers? I was able to adjust the firmness on my old Koni's but these are £150 ebay jobbies remember...

Either way, i'm still pretty uncomfortable about having such a 'cheap' product on the car if I'm honest, it's the only non-standard thing on the car and only serves to accelerate the wear of other components and enhance my vanity.

Standard springs and shocks with a Neuspeed rear ARB ;) That's the next move.

When the JOM's were stripped and inspected, the retaining cap mentioned was tight, but the damper rod was loose as hell. It would have been only a matter of weeks later before the damper seals went and all the oil leaked out.

they're oil too? oh my.

I've found that accelerated wear happens when you drive the car. I've left mne standing with all the new parts on for almost 2.5 years and they're just as good as when I put them on! :D