jamiehamy

Spares for roadtrip - Cooling Hoses

Hi all,

Looking to take some spares on my road trip next month and don't have any spare (VR6) cooling hoses.

The main ones I am looking for are the top and bottom hoses. Not bothered about colour or brand, just something that I could use in an emergency to get me home (being at most 1800miles!).

Any other ones would be welcome also. As cheap as possible would be lovely!

Thanks, Jamie

A bit off-topic, but I did 4000 miles through Europe last summer and my crack pipe exploded on the border of Italy/Switzerland at about 4pm one day. I had AA European breakdown cover so a quick call to the UK and a tow truck arrived within the hour and had new parts fitted the next morning at no cost to me (the invoice was £200!). Essential in my opinion, especially for old/temperamental cars like ours with dodgy cooling systems and 30 degree weather!

Edited by Roan

Don't have any hoses but just out of curiousity, are you going to carry 2 bottles of G12 and 10 litres of water in the boot as well? ;) And a load of tools?

I wouldn't worry about it personally. I've done several long road trips in mine and it's never faltered. If you're that concerned they will let go, maybe just replace them with new hoses before you go and remove any doubt?

Wonder if a puncture repair kit would work on a (small) hose split :scratch:

Yeah if you reinforce it with a good few layers of self amalgamating tape, sounds like a good back up plan to me. And a damn site easier than removing hoses by the side of the road!

Kev - Yes :) I will carry 1 litre of coolant and a 5 litre bottle of water along with oil, PAS and brake fluid. and a carefully selected bunch of tools. I know it's more weight, but you never know when or why you might need it.

Can't get breakdown cover for the Corrado, so need to be as self sufficient as possible.

I'm def of your view Kev - my Rado has only broken down once, and that was my fault for not fitting the oil pipe correctly causing it to chafe, but better safe than sorry!

I have one of these hoses, definately one worth having on board as mine and a few others on here have split. This is a spare I acquired and in fine order. If you need, I have the part number somewhere.

Rams

£10 posted.

I have one of these hoses, definately one worth having on board as mine and a few others on here have split. This is a spare I acquired and in fine order. If you need, I have the part number somewhere.

Rams

£10 posted.

Sounds great, looks like hoses going back to heater matrix?

Can you PM me details for payment and I'll fire it over on paypal please? Thanks!

Breakdown cover - almosot impossible on a 17yr old car!

Still looking for top/bottom hoses if anyone has them,

Thanks, j