krnau

pas pump pulley not aligned with crank pulley

Hey, I'm in the middle of an abf+kjet transplant. The engine is in the bay and everything's okay.

I'm stuck at the fact that PAS pulley does not line up with crank outer pulley (kr crank pulley is made of two pulleys. the bigger one moves water pump + a.c., and the smaller one acts on PAS).

Using a PAS pump that was originally in my KR engine (I've been told by several mechanics that this pump is NOT a kr item, given the fact that it's got some washers between the pump and the pulley...), PAS pulley sits like 2cm far away from the crank pulley (I mean, it's closer to the gearbox).

Using an ABF PAS pump, its pulley sits to far away from the crank one (further away from the gearbox -> it's closer to the wheel).

KR pas pulley sits closer to KR PAS pump than ABF pulley to the ABF pump.

May I add some washers (using longer bolts, which I've already sourced myself :D) between PAS pulley and the pump itself, acting like a spacer? is it very risky????

Please if anyone's been in this trouble... or anyone with a KR -> ABF swap (keeping all kr pumps and kjet) could help me...............

thanks!

you need a 9A PAS pump with the longer pulley to pump body (driveshaft) length, also on a number of other polos and VAG cars

BTW, not many of us in the UK get up and onto the forum at 6.30am !

I couldn't sleep thinking about the PAS pulley :(

NO!! LOL it was 8.30 in Catalonia :D

I've got an ABF pump which (as etka says) has the same length as the 9A one :S

Will it suffer a lot if I add some washers between pump and pulley?