Sign in to follow this  
hajiloco

16 and a rado

Hey guys,

Am 16yrs old and i'm looking for a 1st car. There is a guy selling a 90' Corrado G60 with 143k miles for $1600 down the street.

My parent don't believe that corrado is a reliable enough car they think i should go for a honda ie. we have a 92 civic with 250K.

What should i look out for when i test drive it and how can i sell the folks on it?

Thanks

Theres a guide on the site for things to look for when buying a corrado, do a search for 'checklist' (i think) and it should come up.

as for convincing your folks, its a VW and they're known to go forever, but if you're looking at a g60 you want to make sure the chargers been looked after properly otherwise it could get expensive. In fact that goes for the whole car, keep in mind its getting on for 14 years old and parts arent cheap when you need them! One good way to bring them round to the idea would be to let them drive it....although you might find they buy it for themselves and you loose out :mrgreen:

whats the insurance like for a 16y/o on a g60? i take it you're in the states?

Things seem to work different in the USA Bally..

I'm amazed more of their kids don't end up getting pulled out of car wreckages, as I know how likely I would have been to crash if I was given something like a Corrado at 16!!

Well looks like I should have move to the US then... :lol:

I am planning on moving to the states next year to emigrate - it isnt easy at all.

I need a job sponsor and £15k saved to be even considered....

Yet anyone can get into our country and claim benefits!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Goodluck Scott... is the rado being Sold then??

It certainly will be ......... :(

Scott bring it with.........they are rare over here...........you just dont see them anymore. If your saving 15k why not a couple more to ship the car over. it would save you from buying a car over here. you could also look at selling it to someone over here (temporarily) and have tem sell it back to you......hehe. any way......where in the states are you looking at settling?