big ben

Corrados Running Porsche Wheels - Little Help Please

My mate is picking up some D90's this weekend (16x8 and 16x7), so just wondering about tyre sizes and spacers at the moment... I know quite a few people are running on Porsche wheels or have done in the past so after some advice if possible! I also know this has been done to death over the years but pictures are missing from the old threads etc so its hard to find out the info and see how the car sits...

The look he wants is low as possible but still driveable! wheels nearly flush with the arches so it looks nice and wide all round... Tyres nicely stretched but not silly!

I had a set a while back but cannot remember what tyres and adapters i was using, also they were on a VR which may be slightly different? think i had 195/40 tyres on the 7's and 8's but cant remember, the stretch seemed about right to me though, heres a pic;

D90S1.jpg

So after searching around would 30mm spacers on the front and 35mm spacers on the back be ok? Or could he get away with an extra 5mm or 10mm? Alos what tyre stretch would be best like above, take it different sizes are needed for the front and back as well?

(if only my memory was half decent i wouldnt even need to ask :scratch:)

cheers

Ben

Ben, I'm running D90s (8s) front and rear on 25mm H&R. I'll double check the tyres. See pics below from the link in my signature.

Ben, I'm running D90s (8s) front and rear on 25mm H&R. I'll double check the tyres. See pics below from the link in my signature.

thanks mate! the stretch you have on them looks just like what i had, so be good if you could have a look! looking at yours, he could get away with another 10-15mm on the rear i would of thought, without too much of an issue?

195/40 all round, will be a skinny but square sidewall up front with some stretch out back.. If he wants stretch up front too he'll need some 165's or something oh and rolled arches for uber lows. Adapator wise im not sure but i think you'll want 35mm+....

Avon Zv 195x45 are the tyres. The lip of the rears are practically flush with the arch. My car is on a H&R Cup kit. Extra 10-15mm and he might be in bother ? Has he coilovers?

790.jpg

top man mike... he is on coilovers yeah, yours do look very nice like that! maybe he could get away with 10mm on the back and 5mm on the front? i am sure other people did, and im sure i had at least 30mm on mine!?

Hi,

I've been offered some D90s too in satin black, 7 on the front and 8 on the back. I need adaptors for them for my VR6 and i'm not sure which ones to get, i've been told 5x100 too 5x130, anyone know if this is correct?

Also i'm looking for a similar stance to yours mike (low but drivable without scrubbing the arches) so will 25mm adaptors be ok? The tyres on them are 195/45s if that helps at all.

Cheers

Owen

i was runnin d90's 8 n 7 with 30mm addaptors all round and 195/45/16 tyres, if i did it again only thing i would change is to 195/40/16 tyres!

DSCF2230.jpg

DSCF2228.jpg

DSCF2229.jpg

The massive deciding factor on this is whether arches are cut.

Without cutting arches I ran 7" with 40mm spacers up front & 8" with 30mm spacers on rear. This filled arches as much as possible with a decent drop and minimal rubbing on a G60.. although you couldn't go any wider without archwork

For VR take 8mm of the spacer sizes needed for comparison.

Owen VR6 5x100 - 5x130 is correct.. I have a set of 4 x 25mm FK adaptors for sale £140 posted. PM me if interested.

I'm running 8s all round Owen so 25 may not be enough on your front 7s. I can take a specific pic of front tomorrow and post it up if you want?

826.jpg

Edited by Mike2006

The massive deciding factor on this is whether arches are cut.

Without cutting arches I ran 7" with 40mm spacers up front & 8" with 30mm spacers on rear. This filled arches as much as possible with a decent drop and minimal rubbing on a G60.. although you couldn't go any wider without archwork

thanks for that mate! have you got any pics of your car with them on? 40mm front and 30mm sounds about right, could you get away with 35mm out back?

what tyres did you have as well, is 195/40 the best?

I'm running 8s all round Owen so 25 may not be enough on your front 7s. I can take a specific pic of front tomorrow and post it up if you want?

826.jpg

That would be great thanks.

Do you think i need to go for 30s all round then or split 25 and 30s?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

i was runnin d90's 8 n 7 with 30mm addaptors all round and 195/45/16 tyres, if i did it again only thing i would change is to 195/40/16 tyres!

DSCF2230.jpg

DSCF2228.jpg

DSCF2229.jpg

Liking the look of that!

The wheels i'm getting have brand new Yokos on already so don't have the luxury of choosing the sizes.

Anymore pics of the fronts?

Cheers

i would recomend 30mm all round for arch clearance but recon you could probably get away with 35mm all round with a bit of arch work!

i would recomend 30mm all round for arch clearance but recon you could probably get away with 35mm all round with a bit of arch work!

i am thinking 40mm front and 35mm rears, with 195/40 and 195/45??? need to order spacers and tyres soon to, they are being refurbed at the moment....

Edited by big ben

Thanks for all the input, ordered 30mm all round in the end, good price from Venom, should be going on in a couple of days, i'll get some pics up when its done.

just been going through the history of my car last night and found the receipt for the adapters and they are 25mm all round. i have 7j up front and 8j up the back and they sit quite well! tyres are 195/40 at the front and 205/40 at the back. but need to get round to sort the 9j's i have for the rear and then i can put the 8's up front.

i will have some pics but they will be at home.

my mate has gone for 30mm spacers at the back, 35mm at the front. Tyres are toyo 195/40 all round, so not sure how thats going to look just yet but thats what he got! the wheels are refurbed as well, they do look nice...

i will post a pic when they are on, he needs new bolts but hopefully we can get them sorted this weekend