odub

ecu differences

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between ecus for the 9a engine? Mine is knackered and the new one I've got is a slightly different part number. Any help would be appreciated

without seeing the part numbers cant be certain, but for example, its the standard vw process to change the letter at the end when they make a revision.

id say youve got the correct one if its a very similar number to the old one.

I see what you're saying but the new one I've got the car will start on but stall almost immediately after

What year is yours? Think the later (94-95) cars all had factory immobilisers, so you'll need the module + key as well.

Your problem is that the ecu you have is not seeing the immobilisor signal it requires and is cutting the engine straight after start up. You require to either get the ecu you have recoded to your immobilisor, if you have one. Or to squire the correct ecu pre immobilisor. Or to buy my ecu and immobilisor package I have advertised on here. Call me on 07964020031 If you need more explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk