Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Some piccies I took at todays AGM!!! (56k'ers Beware!)

I just altered the title for you Ant, to warn the modem users out there.. would be a bit of a killer! :)

I'll attach one or two of my pictures shortly to this post - just need to resize em first!

good day out had by all then!!!!....................maybe next year might just go to the agm instead of inters(can't really afford the 2 of them so might do it turn-about)...especially if inters is likely to be held at bentwaters next year.......so how many C's were in attendance?and did jez have his campaign gleaming or did he win an award for the dirtiest C? :lol: LOL

btw jim......J404 HMB 8) is mark gough's one(low-miles too).....................i believe he's a bank manager....handy for if you want to get a loan to buy it...eh :wink:.....go on you know it makes sense :wink:

No I dont think I did darren I had bit of jaunt with a VR6 number plate L407 ... ?? at one point I had 150mph showing on the clock I tell you something there is a big noticable difference between midrange and top end power it pulls alot harder between 100 and 130 now I'm well impressed with the 3.5 bar FPR!!!

jims16v nice one it could take a while for a 56k modem to download these pics!!! Good thinking batman!!! :D What happened to you, you just dissapeared after the meeting was over!!!

I will definately be going to next years AGM I wasn't expecting to be as good as it was!!!

Ant,

I vanished because it seemed like EVERYONE there joined the queue to buy merchandise.. and as I had only eaten a small breakfast I was starting to get a bit peckish so I made a beeline for the exit :) I'll definately spend a bit of time chatting with you at the next event though.. your G60 looked & sounded(!!) superb.. wouldn't mind a run down the 1/4 @ Santa Pod with you some time or somethin :)

And of course I didnt particularly want to leave at the same time as everyone else, because I am sure everyone would have taken great delight in booting past me in my little Saxo.. though to be fair I got onto the motorway and hit 100MPH with still a lot more left in it. And I couldnt believe how steady and stable it felt.. very reassuring at speed!

Roddy,

I talked with Mark for ages today.. he was a really really nice guy.. just continued chatting with him over email this evening. Sent him the high res picture of his car, as he hasn't got a digital camera to capture a picture for himself. His 16v was superb and I really wanted it. Its up for sale as I said.. you wouldn't believe the car he potentially has lined up to replace it though!! :)

Fair enough chap I have to say I bought a fleece and a t shirt for the bargain price of £19 the fleece is superb for a tenner!!! I ll give you a run in the G60 when I can afford to get up there next maybe next sunday maybe not if your lucky I might let you have a drive of it yourself just to show you what your missing LOL :D |I ve got to sort this enginge rocking out it's driving me mad i ve spent over £100 so far on mounts and the damn thing is still rocking and squeeking!!! to top it of on the way home today one of my water hoses decided to burst just as I was paying for my maccy'd's VERY INCONVENIENT!!! got it home though I was just grateful it didn't let go at Gaydon or I would have had to get towed home but luckily that wasn't the case!!! 8)

wow i have never seen that many corrados in one place i'm lucky to see more than one or two around here besides mine. :shock:

Fair enough chap I have to say I bought a fleece and a t shirt for the bargain price of £19 the fleece is superb for a tenner!!! I ll give you a run in the G60 when I can afford to get up there next maybe next sunday maybe not if your lucky I might let you have a drive of it yourself just to show you what your missing LOL :D |I ve got to sort this enginge rocking out it's driving me mad i ve spent over £100 so far on mounts and the damn thing is still rocking and squeeking!!! to top it of on the way home today one of my water hoses decided to burst just as I was paying for my maccy'd's VERY INCONVENIENT!!! got it home though I was just grateful it didn't let go at Gaydon or I would have had to get towed home but luckily that wasn't the case!!! 8)

Well if you make it on the 30th, I'd definately be keen to see what your car is like.. if you want to let me have a go, that'd be sweet but dont feel you have to if you are even slightly unsure about it. But if the offer is there, I will snap your hand off :D

Hope you get problems sorted out.. I guess when you are unleashing so much power from your engine, the mounts are gonna show a bit of strain ;)

Yeah was a great day out - but I had to really cain the arse off my 16V to keep up with the G60 / VR boys. :lol: I was more than a match for them on the twisties with the new FK coilovers fitted, which have soften up a bit due to the long run.

Banana Man - your C looks cool, but it don't look too comfy for the front passengers :lol:

I took a pick of the southern convoy, and will post later when I get home.

Cheers

Mark

2.0 16V

Mark,

I didnt even see you... I dont know how I didnt spot your car!

Some nice cars, I just HAVE to own Corrado next! :D

C12ADO, and the blue VR on BBS splits look stunning imho... :shock: :twisted:

nice pics guys. it was brill to see so many good lookin cs in one place and meet up with some owners - shame quite a few I chatted to aren't on here tho

Mark- i saw u driving in harrow last friday but was in my mates car, liked the look of your rear lights

Unfortunately i couldnt make it the AGM as i wanted to watch the cricket should see u lot at inters though

that blue corrado with the bbs polished splits looks very nice :o

I didnt even see you... I dont know how I didnt spot your car!

Yeah my car was parked on the end of the row so alot of people may have missed it! :lol: People only started looking at when I moved it near Alexs car towards the end :roll: The now tatty rear lights were really getting the scrutiny then :shock:

Shame I missed you - I was going to pop over to your Saxo and say hello, but then someone said the meeting was about to start so I went inside. After the meeting I had a wonder around the museum, and a bit to eat, and when I came out your Saxo had gone :?

Anyway, here is the 'southern convoy' piccy I promised.

Hey Nik, I was coming back from Yaash Motorsport where the coilovers were fitted - the car is looking even lower now. :wink:

Cheers

Mark

mark- how low exactly? u got 17's?

i got fk's fitted by them about 15 months ago, got any rubbin etc? i got get rubbing on the inside arch near the engine plus they fitted spacers on the rear to

Ice grey violet metallic is obviously not a popular colour then!!

Is it me or do Cs on big wheels look a bit dumpy?

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

Enjoyed the day and it was sunny too--enjoyed the laugh when the mobile went off! :lol:

Hehe.. yeah... Ian Morris had a pretty embarrasing ring tone.. though when his went off it reminded me to promptly dig mine out of my pocket and put it into silent mode!

Ice grey violet metallic is obviously not a popular colour then!!

Is it me or do Cs on big wheels look a bit dumpy?

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

as well you know....but we did have an auto at last weeks rolling-road day that was finished in ice grey violet.....have a look on the scottish region website and you'll see it.....the owner was wheelchair bound too....so he had vr6 power at the touch of his fingertips

as for wheels the biggest size i would go up to is 16inch.........i too think 17's and 18's look a bit too big for the car....so your not alone kev m8

Mark front seat passengers have the luxury of the floor at the mo as I really cant be arsed to put the frnt seat back in!! :) I ve been told the rear passenger seat is really comfy tho you can stretch your legs quite nicely!! Shame the convoy from the services didn't go quite according to plan I dont know how the guy in front of you managed to take us back onto the motorway in the wrong direction I was thinking to myself "this aint right!" but oh well made the trip a bit more interesting as once we realised it was time to give the cars a little thrash to try and catch up!!

Great day out!!!!

There were a couple of VR's that had been slightly lowered on their 15" Speedlines.. in my opinion, if the drop was just about right, they looked very very nice.

If I ever do get a VR6 (dag nammit) then just mildly lowered suspension with original Speedlines will be the order of the day.. supoib! :)

Nik - the car is this low (see pic). I've got slight rubbing on full lock on inner arches, and the rear springs seats are about 3 mm from hitting the wheel :shock: Looks like 5 mm spacers are required all round.

My main problem at the moment in the bloody exhaust banging on the rear axle :mad:

Cheers

Mark