shuttlepants

Headlight Reflectors

Ello ello,

Now, I guess most of you know how effective the standard headlights are. After 20 years of use, the reflectors on my 1992 16v are past their best... I can tell this as they are clearly yellow (without the lights turned on), no wonder I can't see a thing in the dark!

I'm guessing the only option for me is to replace the headlight unit? - It must be a common thing and experienced by many of us - any recommendations on parts/suppliers or 'alternative methods' would be much appreciated!

thanks!

ebay or on here for 2nd hand,i sprayed my old lights with a chrome paint,not great but looks a bit beter

I know this topic's discussed in older posts, I just wondered if anything new had come up, stupid question really... Chrome paint's surely got to be an improvement on my current situation!

Cheers Carrots

there's company's that will resilver them, not cheap, but cheaper than new ones.

make sure you send them to someone who can resilver plastic, a lot of companies can only resilver metal.

This company will do them: link

Probably around £100 for the pair of reflectors now (was quoted £80 in Feb 09) but as you can't even buy early headlamps and late ones are £200 a go then its half the cost of a pair of one new headlamp.

Another option is ARZ in Germany sell the reflectors on their own, although its 130 Euros a side.. http://ARZ Tuning

You can but only late ones, I bought a pair just before the VAT rate went up in Jan.

Which would be no good on the early car that Carrots owns.. :p

If you can buy them new, surely just swap the lenses to make it an early spec. Plenty of people any late spec lenses or complete lights to sell the left overs.

If you can buy them new, surely just swap the lenses to make it an early spec. Plenty of people any late spec lenses or complete lights to sell the left overs.

I'm in the same boot reflector wise. My car is a G so early, what is the difference between early and late please?

Which would be no good on the early car that Carrots owns.. :p

Why not?? judging by the amount of threads that Carrots starts I think having headlights that don't quite match the wings and grill are the least of his worries!