G60MAT

438 mile road trip! Back in a Satin Silver VR6 - OEM & Recaro content...

Couple from this weekends Edition 38 show...

Edition38310.jpg

Edition38360.jpg

Likely the last show of the year for the car, gonna run it in this spec for another month or so, before starting the winter changes...

Small but effective update from the workshop today...

handle.jpg

Car is going into winter mode this week, wheels coming off and up for sale.

Due to other projects the Corrado will be going up For Sale on Sunday - full ad to follow!

NO! wow

Admired this at Cumvag last year, looked mint!!! I can certainly vouch for the external quality of this.

Going to make someone very happy this car!

Glws.

The car as been for MOT this week and failed on one thing only, the rear brakes, so will come with full brand new rear brake calipers, carriers, discs and pads, all in about £300 including labour! :shock:

Shame to see your selling a very clean car for any future owner,good luck with the sale mate.

Ok, so now come full circle the car is no longer for sale, some more chassis work has been done, new wheels have been purchased and its will be back out for the show season... ;)

Great news that you're keeping it. Did you just have a change of heart of have circumstances changed? It was getting a bit depressing seeing the flood of people selling.

Great news that you're keeping it. Did you just have a change of heart of have circumstances changed? It was getting a bit depressing seeing the flood of people selling.

Change of heart really, was only selling due to too many other projects! Seems a shame for it to sit there and not be used and no one seems to appreciated all the long term work that has been done in the last year, plus most people moan/run a mile about it being an auto when it drives fantastically - so their lose! ;)

Not to high jack my own thread, but here's the other love that's now taking up space in the garage... ;)

Snow001.jpg

Ok so the love is back and the cleanup has begun, whilst the car made massive progress last year, we never got round to cleaning under the bonnet and the finer points of detailing, give a man a garage, a rainy Sunday and things like this happen...

2012-04-29103325.jpg

2012-04-29111053.jpg

2012-04-29132009.jpg

2012-04-29143126.jpg

Plenty more to do, but well pleased with the results... ;)

Nice one! Messy job that. Must admit I ended up scratching mine a little :( so may get some replacement sound deadening......

looking good mate nice to see you back with it,i recon the scirocco is a great way to lose garage space.

Edited by tim20vt

I got to admit i love your corrado , where in south wales did you get her from. Like you i had many car audi quattro ur, lancia delta intergrales , audi 80 coupes , audi 100 s4 and s4 2.7 twin turbos and both a bmw m5 and a bmw 840ci,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but while i was getting my audi a3 tdi quattro sorted which is sold i fell head over heels in love with kitts vw corrado g60 and corrados , 4 weeks later like you i purchase a satin silver vw corrado no sunroof and yes just the baby 8valve version , but i wanted something as a daily drive its got 60,700 miles on clock with new mot tax and only one owner, car , sonow after a huge parts spent , of new shocks all round, cfull cambelt kit , new oil service parts and new coil ht andnow new steering wheel new 17in alloys coming, and waiting on the impotant light switch which has failed the car is with our magic fingers vw expert kitt simmond to put magic fairy dust on her to work well ,leads,plugs, so hopefully soon i have my car on the road , i will ask kitt simmond to take some photos of my car and post them up