steve4179

hi vw nut corrado newbie here

hey everyone after alot of golfs mainly, i finally own a lovely helios blue metallic 1.8 valver, ive wanted a rado for as long as i can remember and now i finally own this one

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

and on the inside

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

unfortunately none of the work is mine but the interior had only just been retrimmed when i bought it and the engine has been rebuilt with a 4 branch and a stupid loud scorpion system on it

unfortunately in the 3 months ive owned it i have only done 3 miles in it due to ill health but hopefully that all changes next week and i can start enjoying it

yeah its pretty solid car ive been over it all and the only problem i got is the bottom of the front wings are a little rotten but they aint horrific, apparently the engine was rebuilt 200 miles ago the intrior is brand new and the tombstones are so comfortable, its also had new heater matrix coilovers uprated headlight loom and the engine loom relocated into the scuttle, im in poole dorset

ill find out how solid it is tomorrow when i take i for an mot

well took it for mot and it failed, not on much though, i also noticed on the drive to mot station it kinda drags the front wheels rather than turening smoothly when u turn then once u have gone round a corner u have to fight it to straighten up, is this normal for a rado, we wereputting it down to a worn lower ball joint which it failed on but with that changed its still doing it

Welcome! No, that's not normal. Could well be the ball joints/tie rods etc. Worth changing ball joints/tie rod ends/top mounts, drop links etc all at the same time. Could also be the wheels- what width are they? The rado works best on the 15's it was designed for I'm afraid! Wide wheels & 17's in particular make it a little cumbersome.

ball joints have been replaced as it failed mot on them, track rod ends have been checked drop links are new tracking is being done tomorrow the wheels are 16's with 195 45 tyres although i have got a set of 15's i could borrow off my golf to try, not done top mounts yet but might just replace them to be sure cheers for the help nd hopefully it will be a little better after the tracking has been done hen i re test it tomorrow

ok so it has mot now, i checked the top mounts and i found hat the slotted nuts that attach the suspension to the top mounts was missing on both sides, so i have now attached the top mounts to the suspension now with new ones and ball joints changed, and it does seem a little better, new lower arms are on order collecting tuesday along with new cv boots, and new lower arm poly bushes arrived today, so hopefully that should fix evrything with all that lot on