_Meth

Run to the sun 2011!

Iknow this isnt massively popular in the rado fraternity for some reason, howecer its just a few weeks away now!

Anyone making the trip down to newquay?!

Me and the girlfriend are going down in the corrado. should only take maybe 7 or 8 hours if we get traffic right!

I'll probably pop to the show and shine for a look, haven't bothered for the last few years even though its only 3miles from my house, but I've noticed that they've changed the location of it this year to the fields opposite Morrisons which should be MUCH better with loads more room.

Not popular? Last few years its been rammed!

Anyway, £80 for a ticket is the cheap bit. Got 6/7 hour journey down there including fuel both ways, drinks, food, surf hire, its an expensive weekend :lol:

I'll definitely be going! Bought my ticket yonks ago lol!!

I know it's reputation has certainly gone downhill a lot within the VW community - it even classes itself as a 'VW and modified car festival' now!!

I for one love the amazing DJ's they have there, love that it's a 3-day wknd due to the bank holiday, love the fact u can camp there til the following Friday so u wish, love that it's in Newquay, and love that it's so cheap!! Plus there be Dubz!!

Where's everyone coming from then and when they deciding to go down? Sam.l I should be leaving from Chepstow!!

Jeading down early friday mornimg down the a1... :) cant wait!!!!!

not going to this now. am still going to newquay but not to the show!, am doing plymouth dubfest instead on the sunday..

Will be making the effort to go hopefully, not in the rado as it will cost me a fortune but hopefully will be around and about. Absolutely love newquay, heard that this has a bit of a bad reputation but hoping we can camp away from the idiots and just enjoy the show, will most likely be staying until Wednesday/Thursday time

not going to this now. am still going to newquay but not to the show!, am doing plymouth dubfest instead on the sunday..

No way dude!!? Thought u had already bought tickets..?

No way dude!!? Thought u had already bought tickets..?

na mate hadnt got the tickets was on with looking for em and thought it was more of a show than it looks to be! plus i have to leave on the monday morning to be back for work on tuesday.

Am leaving Friday mornin, 'bout a 3-4 hour journey for me. Gonna stay at rosecliston camp site methinks, not so interested in the festival, just the show and shine :-) is everyone goin to the actual festival then?

Looks like I may either not be going now, or solo'ing it!! My mates bailed at the last minute, leaving me with the option of paying for all fuel costs and being a loner, or accepting the loss of the ticket price!!

I imagine I'll end up going down on my own but won't be as much fun =(

Didnt see this before I left else I would have come over mate! You were directly opposite me - were you on your own!?!?

I went to this, but wasn't impressed with being stuck in the traffic jam. Took 2 hours to drive 3 miles once i hit Newquay.

Didnt see this before I left else I would have come over mate! You were directly opposite me - were you on your own!?!?

Ah yeh, one of the red ones? I made almost no effort wandering around the Dubz this year lol. Nah I dragged a mate along in the end had a bit of a wild wknd lol

Yeah the one with the bonnet bra :)

Glad you had a good'un in the end! Shame about the weather but still a great weekend out! :)

As for traffic jams, only traffic jam we saw was trying to get out of newquay on the sunday as there was something going on, took us an hour to get out onto the A30, must have passed 5 miles of stationary traffic lol

Well went to this but left the corrado at home. Had a good time for the first few nights but the car show itself i thought was garbage, spent 30 minutes queing in traffic so abandoned the car and walked down, then spent 15 minutes queing to be told that even though we had paid £80 that we then had to pay to get into the bloody show.

Saw a few nice corrado's about and took some photo's, was admiring a nice green storm lookalike in the campsite parked alongside a matt black caddy, unfortunately whoever owned it decided it would be fun to trash their the caravan at 4 in the morning. If it was you GROW THE F*** UP and stop being such a total prick, If it wasn't you, I apologise.

It seems to me that the full event is now a rave music festival, 2 people apparently died on the first night on our campsite from overdoses, we were offered various different drugs over the weekend, we were kept awake until 6 o clock by a bunch of total arseholes playing their ****ty techno/drum and bass/ wouldn't even call it music at full blast in the family camping area where we thought would be reasonably quiet.

All in all I will be visiting Newquay again but unfortunately not RTTS