adaptorman

mk1 golf caddy pickup 4wd/vr6turbo ,r32 turbo,transplant

hi all ive currantly done a build on my mk1 caddy adding 4wd ,electric steering, leather seats,dash ,sunroof,conversion,along with side pipe exit,6speed 02m,gearbox ,5 paddle cermic clutch, 640cc injectors hx40 turbo, 46mm wstegate,scremer pipe,with lots of homemade parts ,

ill start what ive currantly built fitted

5n92jl.jpg bingo holding 30psi

lastist engine shot

2wm2nix.jpg evern thow its runing well i personaly wont to start over with ms3 standalone ecu as it should be a better set up and live tuning too

loves eating bmw m3s,scoobys and evos ,lol

next the new engine mk5 r32 tt engine

so far stripped the lump , added a mk4 r32 forged crank to safe

headspacer,8,5.1

modifyed some 530cc injectors,

made a alloy welded manifold

modifyed a mk5 fuel into a mk4 style

rewired the engine for ms3x and vvt wired up

added ls2 coils

trail started on the floor

ive got the gearbox in bits changeing ratios at mo,

then need to make a exhuast turbo manifold

then add hx40 turbo

quick pic

ngcbom.jpg

2ezlpqx.jpg

added a little leaf blower

23lli4y.jpg

quick pic of the new ecu ms3x megasquirt runing on yuko ls2 coils

10hljc7.jpg

new manifold arrived arrived and thought id do a trail fit ,all seems good,,,..but hit a issiuse

didnt realise these manifolds are for t25 turbos , and mines a t3 ,, sdue to were external wastgate is shown, its in the wrong place , so that turbo intake is wrong way as well ..

so bit of adapting is needed first manifold

15drv4.jpg

then chopped t25 flange off and welded a cast t3 flange on along with ,moving external wastegate too

xfwapl.jpg

30a57w7.jpg

notice now the intakes on the left and not on right ,

2vt1ag9.jpg

notice were old wastegate is now , ill just make a blanking plate , so then manifold can be used both ways

359n0ww.jpg

2qjj0r6.jpg

trail fit time

fu6jib.jpg

fits good , also i can now not only fit a turbo either way , but also spin the intake snail 360deg for any pipe angle ,,

2zgsv3r.jpg

o6mqo1.jpg

next stripped r32 gearbox and adding tdi ratios for better cruiseing ,

question im not 100percent on the external wastgate as itsa 38mm? anyone really know how mutch boost i can run before boost creep

impressive work there - all your own? Keep the pics and details coming and it would be interesting to see some performance figures or videos.

Ummmmm WOW, I like I like I like

That will be one hell of a monster once finished

Keep the pics coming

impressive work there - all your own? Keep the pics and details coming and it would be interesting to see some performance figures or videos.
yep al my own ideas, tbh the mk3 vr6 currantly fitted has fully forged pistons, rods, the r32 hasnt , but r32 should flow better and feel better with vvt working on the ms3 ecu, its not massive performace but mk5 should hold between 15/20psi max ,if all works out well, ive not seen many mk5 , only mk4s , i hit a small issiuse with fuel line as i couldnt find a mk4 r32 one so adaptored this to this,

9irbid.jpg

34gnhie.jpg

28r2ibp.jpg

308im2v.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

other things i need to do is make a alloy feul tank for the rear ,/some pipework for exhaust/ alter a few boost pipes , nothing too techical im affraid

Nice one! This is my kind of thread :D

Good work on the turbo manifold, I guess that's why they call you the "adaptor man" :D

Is that the SPA turbo mani? I looked at that for mine but didn't like where the wastegate was positioned. I thought the SPA used a T3 flange though? T25 is useless for a 24V!!

Looks like one to watch for sure.

Would like to see a few more photos of the caddy. Is it Syncro, Haldex or a mashup of the two?