classic

top strut mount, HELP!!

Hello,

Well im in the middle of trying to fit some coilovers to my 16v corrado, I bought some new top strut mounts + bearings for them so i wouldnt have to take them off my old ones as i dont have spring compressors here.

Anyhow, i bought some corrado ones off ebay and they seem to be different shape, although they do seem to fit in the strut tower alrite. My question being, is it ok to use these? see pics below

wp000086.th.jpg

wp000087.th.jpg

wp000088.th.jpg

Also, if you see the second picture down, what kind of order does the top mount go back together, is it, Metal plate ontop of coilover > bearing > nut (its a strange nut that came with the coilovers that has little bits of metal poking into the threads? like a nylon nut but metal?) then tighten this nut right down > Top strut mount just pushed ontop > put coilover up to vehicle then put top plate on the top and nut, tighten up ect > done ?

help would be appreciated !

thanks

would they be vr6 ones i guess? would i be a problem in using them instead? They just seem a little shorter so the car would sit lower?

take the top mount off your old ones. you got a rear one on the front coilover it looks like

nah its not a rear one, i bought some rear ones aswell and they are different.

Here is the different types :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-RANGE-PAIR-FRONT-STRUT-TOP-MOUNT-BUSH-BEARING-/170395096515?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27ac56d5c3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Strut-Top-Mount-VW-Corrado-1-8-2ltr-16v-G60-/360295854911?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e34e733f

i mean it seems to fit up in the tower ok, just wandering if its ok to use? also the bearing is seperate to the bush on this thing ?

they were the same idea as the supersport ones i had for mine. i just ended up getting rid of them on ebay and got about £20 for em :/ they were just wrong mate. think from what i can work out. the early/late corrados had different top mounts, mine was late ones and they looked like your new ones and the early ones are what you really need. if you get me

yeah yeah i get you, looks like i will just order another set and return the last. Cheers

Also one other thing, i managed to snap the anti roll bar drop link in half when it was undoing the nut :/ Where can i get hold of this with the bushes +nut, ebay doesnt seem to have the right ones

Surely your local motor factors or shop can get you one? Have you not got an Andrew pages close by?

I got the anti roll bar drop links, with bolts/bushes etc from GSF for my 91 C, they werent that expensive at all.