delfinis38

rado insurance for SORN car

okay need to insure the rado here's the senario....

VR6 Garaged No MOT and SORN it's my only car at the moment which wont be used for 6 month's / a year and I want to keep no claims.... or I need some sort of cheap insurance with minial mileage maybe 1k per year.... currently with elephant and they want £250... seems a lot for a car that's not on the road....

any recommendations please.....

Edited by delfinis38

classic insurance but thats not a bad price

skim read, my bad

Edited by OSV

im sure with my insurance you get two years to put them back onto a car before there voided

Yep i think this is the case so may be worthasking around but then you probably want to insure it for theft or fire too!

Yep i think this is the case so may be worthasking around but then you probably want to insure it for theft or fire too!

thanks kip... looks like because the car has no MOT and is SORN i need a laid up policy. i phoned chris knott and they don't do one but have put me in contact with footman and james (these are the guy's that sorted your nugget out arent they ? and you had good service ????) and also lancaster who cant do a laid up policy on a 16 year old car as it needs to be 20 years old.

need a bit more investigation..... looks like my no claims is varied for either 2 / 3 years dependant on company policy.

Adrian don't bother Sorning it. Sell it to me :o)

Must admit i've been a bit lazy with the old girl over the last few months.... had some inspiration over the winter and gave her a good old service and some TLC.... she's sat in the garage doing nothing again.... No MOT and SORN :(

thanks kip... looks like because the car has no MOT and is SORN i need a laid up policy. i phoned chris knott and they don't do one but have put me in contact with footman and james (these are the guy's that sorted your nugget out arent they ? and you had good service ????) and also lancaster who cant do a laid up policy on a 16 year old car as it needs to be 20 years old.

need a bit more investigation..... looks like my no claims is varied for either 2 / 3 years dependant on company policy.

I'm with Peter James on both the Nugget & My VR, Not Footman James, http://www.peterjamesinsurance.co.uk/

:) cant fault them at all, i just hope it wont be a problem when i come to insure the Nugget again